88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ironically I uploaded some photos and decided to give an update before even reading this!

I've been super busy as spring & summer hit. It's the time of the year I camp, do home improvements and work on projects.

I started out the springtime with a quad trip.
You must be registered for see images attach

I did a bunch of yard work - sanded and stained my deck, put in a concrete paver path, worked on the lawn and built a 10x20 shed from 99% recycled lumber (including the plywood). It's fully powered and now full of truck parts...

Polished up my wheels for the year, and gave the truck a much needed bath.

The last big project before a few more trips was this old girl

She was dismantled and boxed up.

And then sent away for scrap.

Since the parts storage shed is built and the suburban is parted out, I started ordering parts for the 88... Towards the end of summer I will likely start tearing into it.

Last weekend I made a much belated trip to the wrecking yard and found some really good stuff - Including a CR Lawrence power slider, a 91 tach cluster (which I will be selling) and a JL Audio Stealthbox center console.
A truck parts shed....I'm more than a little jealous of that. I'm also excited to see what you do to the 88.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ironically I uploaded some photos and decided to give an update before even reading this!

I've been super busy as spring & summer hit. It's the time of the year I camp, do home improvements and work on projects.

I started out the springtime with a quad trip.

I did a bunch of yard work - sanded and stained my deck, put in a concrete paver path, worked on the lawn and built a 10x20 shed from 99% recycled lumber (including the plywood). It's fully powered and now full of truck parts...

Polished up my wheels for the year, and gave the truck a much needed bath.

The last big project before a few more trips was this old girl

She was dismantled and boxed up.

And then sent away for scrap.

Since the parts storage shed is built and the suburban is parted out, I started ordering parts for the 88... Towards the end of summer I will likely start tearing into it.

Last weekend I made a much belated trip to the wrecking yard and found some really good stuff - Including a CR Lawrence power slider, a 91 tach cluster (which I will be selling) and a JL Audio Stealthbox center console.
The truck looks awesome as always. What do you like to use to polish those wheels? You suck with the quads because it is a disease that I used to have. That shed is freaking awesome! That truck that my dad ended up with had an extended cab stealthbox. That is going in my stash of parts for the 93. It also had a couple of JL amps under the seats and those are being saved for the 93 as well. I didn't realize that they made a stealthbox center console. Would you mind posting up some pictures?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The truck looks awesome as always. What do you like to use to polish those wheels? You suck with the quads because it is a disease that I used to have. That shed is freaking awesome! That truck that my dad ended up with had an extended cab stealthbox. That is going in my stash of parts for the 93. It also had a couple of JL amps under the seats and those are being saved for the 93 as well. I didn't realize that they made a stealthbox center console. Would you mind posting up some pictures?
I just a few various things, my favorite is Adams polish for aluminum.

I'll get a picture of the box, it's 95+ center console style, basically looks like a carpeted console with a plastic OEM top.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn...130 pages in one day. This is one of those builds that made me join this forum. Amazing truck and focus on details. Normally I dnt care for duallies with what I put my trucks thru but this truck changed my mind on that. Good job on the build.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Man your truck is badass! Love that dually. I do have a few questions for you Dave:

1. How hard is it to install those C3500HD handles on your 98? Thinking about doing that to my truck in the future. If you wouldn't mind telling me, how would I go about doing that?

2. On your '88, what sizes are the headlights in your diesel bumper? Like the old 80's square body size lights?
a. How hard was it to install?
b. Can I have them on going down the road at night or will it blind others?

Thanks Dave! :)

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man your truck is badass! Love that dually. I do have a few questions for you Dave:

1. How hard is it to install those C3500HD handles on your 98? Thinking about doing that to my truck in the future. If you wouldn't mind telling me, how would I go about doing that?

2. On your '88, what sizes are the headlights in your diesel bumper? Like the old 80's square body size lights?
a. How hard was it to install?
b. Can I have them on going down the road at night or will it blind others?

Thanks Dave! :)
well I'm obviously not Dave but this may help answer your questions

http://www.gmt400.com/index.php?threads/24202/

http://www.gmt400.com/index.php?threads/948/

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

dhunt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your truck Friday running up i5 fully loaded with camper and trailer. I wish I could have seen it up close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I still can't believe how clean the frame was on that Burban. That's unheard of over here. Love the shed man!!