88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xionation

Reaction score
I just read this whole thread. It took me about 3 days. I've always loved CCLB Duallys. Always wanted a 2WD but your beauty lady has made start to think otherwise. I love are your upgrades. Your truck is one the most gorgeous trucks I've seen.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Any idea what this rig weighs empty? Curious how much legal headroom I have on mine with slide in (yet to buy) and car trailer. The ones I seem to like are over 4000#!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Any idea what this rig weighs empty? Curious how much legal headroom I have on mine with slide in (yet to buy) and car trailer. The ones I seem to like are over 4000#!
I haven't ever weighed the truck empty unfortunately.

My old camper on the truck was just over 13,000 (with the tongue weight of the trailer), plus 3,550 for the trailer. My new camper is 12,000 sitting on the truck with the same trailer.

I'm within my GCWR for the truck, but I'm over the GVWR of 10k. It would be pretty difficult to find a decent camper that falls within our weight ratings.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. I just got through this thread in a night/morning! To say you have a nice rig is an understatement. We share the same love for The PNW and what I like to call OEM+. I just wish there were more clean looking GMT400's around the Puget Sound. My 2WD will be getting the 5/7 treatment but now I think I will need to be on the look out for a 4x4 2500 or dually. Keep up the nice OEM+ touches.

Also, where is that camp spot at? It looks similar to one my buddies and I go to on Wynoochee River? And what yard do you go to? Pull-A-Part? The ones around me are lame.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Wow. I just got through this thread in a night/morning! To say you have a nice rig is an understatement. We share the same love for The PNW and what I like to call OEM+. I just wish there were more clean looking GMT400's around the Puget Sound. My 2WD will be getting the 5/7 treatment but now I think I will need to be on the look out for a 4x4 2500 or dually. Keep up the nice OEM+ touches.

Also, where is that camp spot at? It looks similar to one my buddies and I go to on Wynoochee River? And what yard do you go to? Pull-A-Part? The ones around me are lame.
Where about are you? There are a few clean GMT400s around me, but lots of trashed junk. A few of my friends have pretty nice ones though.

LOL Wynoochee? You mean Wenatchee :p

Which camp spot are you referring to? I go all over, Moses lake, beverly dunes, juniper dunes, lake cle elum, oregon coast, washington coast....

As far as yards, I go to a handful of them, but I frequent Pick-N-Pull in Tacoma and Lynnwood since they are open sunday and their stock rotates pretty regularly. I also have a truck only yard near my house that knows me fairly well, and a couple others farther out that are decent.

Dyelon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where about are you? There are a few clean GMT400s around me, but lots of trashed junk. A few of my friends have pretty nice ones though.

LOL Wynoochee? You mean Wenatchee :p

Which camp spot are you referring to? I go all over, Moses lake, beverly dunes, juniper dunes, lake cle elum, oregon coast, washington coast....

As far as yards, I go to a handful of them, but I frequent Pick-N-Pull in Tacoma and Lynnwood since they are open sunday and their stock rotates pretty regularly. I also have a truck only yard near my house that knows me fairly well, and a couple others farther out that are decent.

I am in Port Orchard/Kitsap area. My brother in law and another buddy have clean ones too but there is a lot of beaters around.

Haha. Nope I meant Wynoochee. We go down a bunch of logging or NF roads to get to our spot. Montesano is probably the closest town about an hour away South. This year we are staying somewhere around the Cle Elum river/Salmon Le Sac. We try to go all over too (little tougher with kids these days). If you don't camp/go outdoors and you live here then why bother, besides the fact that I was born and raised here :) .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm from the great white north myself on the shore of Lake Superior in upper MI. No real mountains there unless you count the porcupines. Its beauty cannot be appreciated second hand or through pics alone.