88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
carpet not so much...the shag and seats hide the holes...
but from underneath, the floorpan, eek. still thinking if i want to plug the holes with hardware or some sort of sealant. i'm thinking....5 unused holes now

Mrmayhem52

Reaction score
Ok then, somebody help me out. Went through 40 pages of posts with no luck. Nobody has mentioned an OBS crew cab at all. Im wanting to swap to newer leather. Main reason is for the little metal safety hooks for car seats (older seats didn't have them). So, any suggestions on what the easiest rear seat would be? I tried one from an 06 crew cab, but its looking like its going to be a ton of work. Anybody else done this?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Ok then, somebody help me out. Went through 40 pages of posts with no luck. Nobody has mentioned an GMT400 crew cab at all. Im wanting to swap to newer leather. Main reason is for the little metal safety hooks for car seats (older seats didn't have them). So, any suggestions on what the easiest rear seat would be? I tried one from an 06 crew cab, but its looking like its going to be a ton of work. Anybody else done this?
Going outside of the OEM seats or some of the GM seats of the same era with the bucket seat bolt patterns, there will be nothing that just bolts in. All the seats in trucks after (GMT800 +) are stud on floor. I've seen people put newer seats in but to my knowledge it's not a simple bolt in job, front or rear. Even putting our bodystyle SUV rear seats in requires new holes and other modifications to make them sit correctly.

BTW i fixed a typo in your post.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What options are there for 2dr Tahoe rear seat swaps? I think I saw a post somewhere but nothing showed in the search. I'm going to put a tape measure on some third rows next time I'm in the pick and pull. Just curious if anyone has already done a swap.

packratt

Reaction score
What are the options for an extended cab w/o 3rd door? Would be nice to have power, lumbar and heat and still be able to get in the back.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are 40 pages here with alot of suggestions...... do your home work as the answers ARE in this thread...... not trying to sound like an a-hole but we are here to help not do it for you.... and i say that in general and not directed towards any one poster.... this has gotten bad lately..

sent from what use to be a great country...

packratt

Reaction score
Actually I had quickly read all 40 pages before I posted.

Most of the trucks are either standard cab or crew cab. A few of the trucks are 3 door extended cabs.

My situation is a bit different. I have an older 2 door extended cab. I need a seat that will fold forward to allow access to the back seat.

I'm guessing 88-99 Chevy Truck and Tahoe and GMC Truck and Yukon. Any 2 door car.

Any ideas what General Motors cars came with power bucket, lumbar and heated seats?

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
Actually I had quickly read all 40 pages before I posted.

Most of the trucks are either standard cab or crew cab. A few of the trucks are 3 door extended cabs.

My situation is a bit different. I have an older 2 door extended cab. I need a seat that will fold forward to allow access to the back seat.

I'm guessing 88-99 Chevy Truck and Tahoe and GMC Truck and Yukon. Any 2 door car.

Any ideas what General Motors cars came with power bucket, lumbar and heated seats?
pretty much all will.

Last edited:

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read it through twice and I don't see any problem with sentence structure or spelling. I understood exactly what he was asking. I don't have the answer, but the question was very clear and concise.