1997 K1500 Bucket to Bench seat conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All great info thanks !! Yes I’m 6’ 7”, with size 17 feet, one last question. I’m attaching a photo so you mind measuring the height for me from the seat pulled all the way back to the highest part of the headliner , I’m a little worried about headroom with this setup. But love love the look !!
38" due north from back crack

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
38" due north from back crack
Ok this is a great measurement stat !! Thank you, I’m going to get one. My captains chairs lowered and fully rearward are about 38.25” headroom and that’s ample headroom for me at my height. I’m going to tell a little story I’m sure you can relate to. So my grandmother had a 53 chevy, of course with the bench seat, and such fond memories of running errands around town with her, riding in the middle seat, also with my sister next to me sometimes all 3 of us in that chariot. Going fishing, going for a coasting record ala Jerry Jeff Walker. These gmt400 trucks/burbs/Tahoes in my opinion are the last great rendition of the “old chevy trucks” with the most up to date features while retaining the classic look. I love cruising around town in my burb and receive compliments from all manner of people. This idea that I could switch to a bench seat and catapult the experience to the memories of yesteryear is quite appealing and with the addition of my wife riding shotgun in the middle seat for a quick jaunt to Sonic. If you have never heard this song before, give it a listen, and Hondo’s truck had a bench seat. I should add the first time I ever heard this song was in a 1998 Tahoe in the summer of ‘99 on a road trip in Texas. Thanks for your help and enjoy. GB
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Georgiabigfoot

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
tangent alert: I gotta say that I just love the front one piece bus-seat bench too. It's more comfortable than the 60/40 bench or the buckets imo... and so old school. Throw the right arm up on the back of the seat, dog going back and forth to window, with tons of butt shifting, leg stretching room.
I just saw this in a vintage Cabela’s ad on YouTube and can’t wait to replicate this when my burb has a bench seat,

Attachments

• 7EE93F90-50B9-4CF6-8DFE-7A418DEF51F2.png
    7EE93F90-50B9-4CF6-8DFE-7A418DEF51F2.png
    681.8 KB · Views: 10