Question on aftermarket 95-98 bucket cushion core and replacement seat upholstery quality! 95-98 buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am probably opting to swap for new foam cores and bottom replacement covers on the 95-98 c1500 bucket seats that I went back to after swapping away from the 88-94 seats I recently (((SOLD))
Has Anyone swapped in the past few years for new replacement bottom foam cores and or also the fabric pre- upholstered bottom covers ?
So it’s know that the oem GM fabric is long discontinued but these are pre made by vendors online with a close matching material.
Any feed back on the quality of the eBay or an online vendor that has aftermarket bucket seat core replacements for 95-98 seats and if any difference in quality would be good to know from one supplier to the next ?
Obvious the Oem pattern/color is now gone for good but they claim to make good close fabric matches for the seat bottoms.

Particularly For the ((gray)) is the color patterns and tone close to factory? Are the new aftermarket foam core bottoms firmer then the GM factories are even at there most worn stage ? Particularly around the bolstered / outer edge of the foam ?Does everything go back in good with these replacements. Few videos claim 20-30 min install.

Either way I’m gonna do it but I figured feedback on what to expect was good to have. I do do not necessarily need to replace the bottom cores , I Only would if they are Better firmer then comparable to a worn factory core.
The bottom fabric upholstery I absolutely need ‘

This is what’s offered by the vendor I was talking with my main concern is knowing about the core quality and the color match. Photos don’t really do justice , but hands on experience might tell me more
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new foam is far superior than anything you have that is 25 years old. Secondly I replaced the seat bottom in my 1999 k2500 suburban, gray cloth, and it matched 99% exact and that is all you can hope for. Again the material and the construction is way better than the stuff 25 years ago. The new foams do not deteriorate like the old ones.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The new foam is far superior than anything you have that is 25 years old. Secondly I replaced the seat bottom in my 1999 k2500 suburban, gray cloth, and it matched 99% exact and that is all you can hope for. Again the material and the construction is way better than the stuff 25 years ago. The new foams do not deteriorate like the old ones.
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear ! I assumed it was modern day marketed foam so it’s denser longer lasting , but I also meant as far as dimension wise and the fitment being good with the cores shape ..
So was there a specific vendor you got yours from ?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I wanted to hear ! I assumed it was modern day marketed foam so it’s denser longer lasting , but I also meant as far as dimension wise and the fitment being good with the cores shape ..
So was there a specific vendor you got yours from ?
It was also my understanding if I heard correctly, I don’t remember when, or by who that the same back rest material is offer pre upholstered ? As well as the arm rest sleeve ?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just recently replaced my seat foam and leather covers. Got everything from theSeatShop.com. Very nice stuff, foam is way better than factory.
Nice Would you care to share a pic of the bottom seat cover along with the factory back rest in the same pic so I can get an idea

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just recently replaced my seat foam and leather covers. Got everything from theSeatShop.com. Very nice stuff, foam is way better than factory.
I checked them out and they seem to do only vinyls or leather not fabric .. I’d have to call to ask about that

I’m hearing that the aftermarket’s are well made and better as far as the foam is concerned, so that’s answering that aspect of my questions.
I guess at this point I’d like to purchase from a tried and tru vendor where the good feedback comes directly from so I know I’ll get the same quality material etc as someone else whos done it .

So eBay has 50 options for these covers from sellers , but never know how generic each may be from one to the next that the issue for me wanting to narrow it down to a good seller

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you get yours from specifically if you might recall ?
Any photos of your k2500 seat you can show and throw on here for the incentive to help me see with my own eyes how close the seat bottom match looks like in comparison to the factory back rest If you still have the k2500 that is, if not all good

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There's more than a few vendors of the foam cushions for the buckets, now. Can't say whether they're all being manufactured by the same Co. or not, but I wouldn't buy the Dorman versions. Cause...'Dorman'.
I've found that the white foam is of a better quality than the yellow-ish versions.
I'd highly recommend the new foam when replacing the covers. (see pic.)
There's 2 styles. The Silverado type with the 2 side-to-side pleats in the inserts & the Escalade style with a single pleat running down the center of the insert.
Each type has it's own specific foam.
As far as the fabrics used in the repop covers? No experience so I can't vouch as to the fit & finish nor the quality or the closeness of the fabric match to OEM.

As an example. New cover/old foam.

Last edited: