88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually I had quickly read all 40 pages before I posted.

Most of the trucks are either standard cab or crew cab. A few of the trucks are 3 door extended cabs.

My situation is a bit different. I have an older 2 door extended cab. I need a seat that will fold forward to allow access to the back seat.

I'm guessing 88-99 Chevy Truck and Tahoe and GMC Truck and Yukon. Any 2 door car.

Any ideas what General Motors cars came with power bucket, lumbar and heated seats?

92-94 Blazer, 95-99 Tahoe 2dr, 92-99 Yukon 2dr, 88-00 gmt400 Chevy or GMC pickup up w/ a tilt forward bucket or split-top or full-split bench seat. correct or modified seat frames to match the contours of your floorboard. many GM coupe cars would have bucket seats that may meet your needs. Not sure if you can get heated, tilt seats in the age bracket that your looking at. I have only noticed heated seats in sedan style seats in that age bracket. should be able to find them in newer vehicles. what will it take to make them work? how will your seat height & width vs visibility be affected, not sure.

my suggestion is to find the seats that best fit your needs/wants from a gmt400 & if necessary add the heat from a newer seat set.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What options are there for 2dr Tahoe rear seat swaps? I think I saw a post somewhere but nothing showed in the search. I'm going to put a tape measure on some third rows next time I'm in the pick and pull. Just curious if anyone has already done a swap.

I saw a post on a 2dr only facebook page with guys using the 3rd row from NNBS Escalade and Tahoes. He didn't specify how he mounted them but I could see in the picture the stock 2dr frame was still there. So I think they fit width wise just need to modify the seats to fit the stock brackets. Those are pretty plentiful in leather and great shape since they don't get heavy use like the drivers seat.

packratt

Reaction score
Thanks Nate, I wouldn't have thought to look at the 3rd row seats. If I find some decent ones at the pic and pull I may try them for fit. They are cheap enough there.

Thanks Mars, you confirmed what I was thinking. I assumed that they only tilted forward through the 2 door Tahoes and Yukons.

Mikes97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive done my swap to a 60/40 split with the fold down center console. Im looking for replacement leather seat covers any one can point me in the right direction?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

neosoul

Reaction score
Thanks Nate, I wouldn't have thought to look at the 3rd row seats. If I find some decent ones at the pic and pull I may try them for fit. They are cheap enough there.

Thanks Mars, you confirmed what I was thinking. I assumed that they only tilted forward through the 2 door Tahoes and Yukons.
packratt, when you find out what can actually fit/replace the back seat of the 2dr tahoe please post. Like you I've read this entire thread and couldn't find an answer to a similar question. I wanted to know if the 2000 escalade rear seat can replace the 2 door tahoe rear seat.

biggrich

Reaction score
Subject: 98 ex cab 6040 bench into a 92 RC
So I came on here a few weeks ago looking for details about why the 98 6040 wasn't sitting right when I test fit it into my 92 RC. learned about the cab floor changes, so then I searched for details on bracket mod needed, and found mention of "yeah you need to modify it", but not much more. I got the mod done last night and took a few pics, hoping it'll help another one of you out.

Basically, on the 60 part of the bench, the driver and console part, you have to shorten the inside rear bracket, the rear one right on the trans hump. I shortened mine 1 1/8 inch. thinking 1 1/4 may be a tiny bit better. so mark, cut out a 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 inch section, clean up edges, weld foot to shorter leg, and done.

You must be registered for see images attach

thanks these pics really helped me out.

Randy455

Reaction score
If anyone wants to know,or cares.There is a cheaper solution.I did it one my plow truck,& now my retire truck...
unbolt your seat frame,ad 2inch rubber bushings,get proper length bolts,bolt it all back together.
It's like having bucket seats,at fraction of the cost!
If anyone cares to know....

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do those have the seatbelts built into the seat? How'd that work out for ya, can't see in the pics?
Anyone ever try Cadillac seats? I had a '99 STS that had badazzz seats in it...

You mentioned my problem, I have a 98 K1500 Sierra SLE Extended Cab, My lap seat belt is toast, doesn't work, the shoulder part of it does, My sons 2000 Yukon has seats with seat belts attached to the seat. That is what I need to find, IF something like that can be swapped in. My current driver seat is power up/down forward/back tilt forward/back and lumbar. I just found this thread and am looking for answers, not trying to hi-jack the thread. Thanks for any help that can be offered.