88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol! The flash makes the seats look a brighter red than the actually are.
But it's all getting redone. I did those 10 years (maybe more) & 250,000 miles ago.
Kinda have an idea for a design. That usually gets finalized when I'm actually cutting stuff out & patterning.
I'm doing a bunch of handstitching on them so I can't go too wild on the design. Pic #2 shows the type of stitch.
Colors? 3 shades of grey with a touch of red? Maybe a bit of charcoal details, too?
Grey/offwhite/black? arrgghh!
Ever see Eric Clapton's '40 Ford Biz Coupe?
Gotta couple hides of some really nice carmel colored leather. (Have to re-dye & re-wrap everything inside!)
Not this design, maybe this color combo though.
You must be registered for see images attach

There's another couple of hides upstairs that are darker than the carpets in that pic of E.C.'s 40, but along the same color lines. Maybe just replace the red in my seats with that, + dark grey carpet.
I dunno. I do this kinda stuff for others, no prob. Comes to doing mine & I can't decide on nothing!

I like that caramel color leather in the '40 a lot. Also that stitching in pic 2 looks sweeeeet. I'm sure whatever you decide on it'll look great!

Jeff Karr

Reaction score
Will Leather buckets out of a 99 Pontiac GTP bolt in? Im assuming since they are GM, They should? I found a decent set, just to use to get buckets in my truck and a console built, for $50. May recover them later, Or replace with bonne seats

Reaction score
Subject: 98 ex cab 6040 bench into a 92 RC
So I came on here a few weeks ago looking for details about why the 98 6040 wasn't sitting right when I test fit it into my 92 RC. learned about the cab floor changes, so then I searched for details on bracket mod needed, and found mention of "yeah you need to modify it", but not much more. I got the mod done last night and took a few pics, hoping it'll help another one of you out.

Basically, on the 60 part of the bench, the driver and console part, you have to shorten the inside rear bracket, the rear one right on the trans hump. I shortened mine 1 1/8 inch. thinking 1 1/4 may be a tiny bit better. so mark, cut out a 1 1/8 - 1 1/4 inch section, clean up edges, weld foot to shorter leg, and done.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Thanks!

original was a solid bench. then i went to an aftermarket bench with fold down console (no drilling or mods required), then i went to 2 buckets and center console from a 2 door Tahoe, and now this.
:lol: your carpet must looks like swiss cheese!