88-94 AUX Input How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the progress so far! I started with the little pre- amp itself…
You must be registered for see images attach

Follow the instructions and carefully assemble. To make it easier, start with the resistors, IC slot, capacitors, and finally potentiometers in that order, so the components don’t fall out of the bottom. Here is the finished product.

Don’t forget to tin the connector traces as all leads will be soldered directly to the board.

Starting with the case, notice how the screw posts prevent the board from going further into the case.

To correct this, I cut the posts in half, about ¼ inch down to make little “seats” for the board to rest on.

This is the tool; an exacto handle with a razor blade cut to size. I tapped it with a screwdriver butt to make the cuts.

The result. Mark or remember the orientation of the board for the future.

Looking at the next picture, a hole needs to be drilled to accommodate the output and switch cables. Progressively work up to a ½ inch hole, and square the hole with a utility knife until the strain relief snugs into place.

Another hole must be drilled to the right of the first to accommodate the audio input. Progressively work to a 3/8 inch hole. Try to make both holes as low to the bottom of the case as possible for future clearance.

Here is the relative case size. The camera died so the rest will be uploaded later.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE: Made a junk yard run and bought a cable so progress will continue.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I have been wanting to do this ever since I got my truck. I love the factory Delco. Any info on adding a 5 channel amp?

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had researched and done this myself too.

The switch is jumping pin 12 & 13
Audio Jack is wired to pin 9, 10 & 11
12-20v to 5v inverter wired to pin 15 & 16 so my SiriusXM radio powers off with the truck and/or radio

switch = http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/26-4835
inverter = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MJGBY6/

No resister needed on the switch, no preamp needed since my SiriusXM Lynx has a preamp gain AND at factory preset level matched my FM output exactly.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had researched and done this myself too.

The switch is jumping pin 12 & 13
Audio Jack is wired to pin 9, 10 & 11
12-20v to 5v inverter wired to pin 15 & 16 so my SiriusXM radio powers off with the truck and/or radio

switch = http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/26-4835
inverter = http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MJGBY6/

No resister needed on the switch, no preamp needed since my SiriusXM Lynx has a preamp gain AND at factory preset level matched my FM output exactly.

Looks awesome man! Nice blazer too.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you very much! I have been wanting to do this ever since I got my truck. I love the factory Delco. Any info on adding a 5 channel amp?

I actually have a 5 channel amp but haven't installed it yet. What I plan on doing is using all 4 sets of speaker level inputs directly from the receiver using the factory connectors. Then just routing the outputs back to the factory speaker wire (which is decent gauge in these trucks). I would also like to try 6.5" components in the kick panels in place of the rear speakers (as the factory rear speaker wire is routed in this location) because those amped 4x6 directly in your ears would not be fun. Amp would be under drivers seat, and shallow sub behind the bench wrapped in factory carpet. Discrete bumping system right there.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks awesome man! Nice blazer too.

thanks, I also snaked the satellite antenna through the dash, passenger side pillar & headliner to stick it on the roof in the back. I plan to pick up some tan wire wrap tubing to bundle the audio/antenna/power wires together, but they are short and behind the mounting bracket so it isn't urgent.

Here is a head on shot