88-94 AUX Input How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow I just saw this old post today.... my friend that's not a 5.25" floppy, that's an 8"

Richard

:lol: So it is! I didn't pay that close of attention when I linked that pic. The physical design was basically identical between the two.

I never had the privilege of owning or messing with an 8" drive, but the old 386 that my dad had when I was a little kid had a 5.25" drive. I remember he had one of his friends help write a program that he used in his construction business for years. He could basically input a square footage area and have the program spit out a number as an estimate to build it. It was a really neat simple design but I remember it blowing my mind as a kid. Seemed like magic.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
but the old 386 that my dad had when I was a little kid had a 5.25" drive.
Old 386... :/

When I was a little kid, my mom brought home a brand new NEC PC-8801a which ran CP/M. I learned CP/M, Wordstar, and basic...got stupid fast at typing too. This was right about the time that the first IBM PC had hit the market. 386's were years away... when I got my first "real" job was at a PC shop and was building clone PC/XT's with the TURBO function (4.77 or 8 mhz!) lol

Richard