88-94 AUX Input How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I did a little different version of this. http://www.gmt400.com/threads/dirt-simple-diy-aux-input-for-under-5.25628/

A while after I wrote that up I added a switch to switch between sources, and also kept the switching jack. I added the switch because i liked leaving the cable plugged in.

The way I did it, there is no tricking the radio to think there's a tape in, just plug in and it switches from radio to your device.

My current phone needs to be up at about 90% to match the radio volume. I also use it for phone calls over the radio -the phone thinks it has headphones plugged in and uses the phone's mic.

You must be registered for see images attach

flyboy1100

Reaction score
I did a little different version of this. http://www.gmt400.com/threads/dirt-simple-diy-aux-input-for-under-5.25628/

A while after I wrote that up I added a switch to switch between sources, and also kept the switching jack. I added the switch because i liked leaving the cable plugged in.

The way I did it, there is no tricking the radio to think there's a tape in, just plug in and it switches from radio to your device.

My current phone needs to be up at about 90% to match the radio volume. I also use it for phone calls over the radio -the phone thinks it has headphones plugged in and uses the phone's mic.

You must be registered for see images attach
The way the OP has it described there is also no tricking. It is merely activating the tape deck input part of the circuity which changes the source.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
And I wasn't paying attention to the fact it's the earlier stereo either. My mistake.

wilnel

Reaction score
I just hooked a switch to 13 and 16, I am able to stop the radio broadcast. Have to wait 2 days for my jack to come in. No where to buy such things local, would be nice if there was some kind of business like a radio shack, yeah they could call it radio shack...lol

wilnel

Reaction score
I have done this. I dont quite like the way it sounds. I guess I do need a pre amp, volume is low and it sounds high pitched. but anyway, I think the command module is now screwed, radio just stays on station, no buttons do anything and there is no sound. It even does this with the tape deck cable removed.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I just heard that cassettes are coming back this news was straight from the tv news.