88-94 AUX Input How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if seeing is enough to believe! :lol:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Well I'll just be over here with my foot in my mouth.

I can't believe people are still buying vinyl new, let alone cassettes! I mean I think they're cool and I still have a dual well cassette deck and a record player hooked up to my stereo; but I also have a hard drive full of FLAC files that sound just as good as a CD which are way easier to navigate and organize. I think record companies should start releasing lossless file formats like FLACs or WAVs instead of MP3s and other lossy formats. (Do they? I don't know, I'm ignorant when it comes to online music purchases)

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Well I'll just be over here with my foot in my mouth.

I can't believe people are still buying vinyl new, let alone cassettes! I mean I think they're cool and I still have a dual well cassette deck and a record player hooked up to my stereo; but I also have a hard drive full of FLAC files that sound just as good as a CD which are way easier to navigate and organize. I think record companies should start releasing lossless file formats like FLACs or WAVs instead of MP3s and other lossy formats. (Do they? I don't know, I'm ignorant when it comes to online music purchases)
Haha I'm shocked that millennials (sadly I'm included in this generation) know what a cassette is, yet alone vinyl. If cassettes make a comeback, what about the floppy disk? How about the Walkman? LOL.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Man I remember playing PC games back when floppy disks were actually FLOPPY. The 5.25" bad boys.

You must be registered for see images

Yup, had one of those too... Thanks for making me feel old as dirt. :lol:
Oh my gosh... I only knew the compact version of the floppy disk. I thought you were BS'ing me until I saw the pic
You must be registered for see images attach
. Is it bad that I still own a Walkman? Haha, I'm only 17 but this is making me feel old!

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As for the Cassettes, I think it'd be cool to see them make a comeback. I still have two carrying cases full of Cassettes from my teenage days :cool:

wilnel

Reaction score
I kinda like the look of the stock radio. Since someone had removed mine I went and got the pieces to replace it. It just doesnt sound good, I have new speakers too. Maybe there is something still wrong with it but I think it just wasnt very good. I did get one of those radio transmitting mp3 players it probably sounds worse than doing the aux mod. so Now i'll be looking for an underdash mount for a NAV radio

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did get one of those radio transmitting mp3 players it probably sounds worse than doing the aux mod.

Those things are the definition of audio garbage. I've never heard one that was even halfway decent.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those things are the definition of audio garbage. I've never heard one that was even halfway decent.
I remember having a phone that had a transmitter in it (LG Chocolate, I think), I thought I was so cool. Definitely horrible sound quality. The only ones I've seen with almost decent reception were the ones offered by Sirius/XM, built into their entry level radios, even those were ****.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I remember playing PC games back when floppy disks were actually FLOPPY. The 5.25" bad boys.

You must be registered for see images

Yup, had one of those too... Thanks for making me feel old as dirt. :lol:
Wow I just saw this old post today.... my friend that's not a 5.25" floppy, that's an 8"

Richard