77Conours's 2003 Duramax ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much was the 5" exhaust? A local shop is selling a full setup for $700 but it seems too pricey.

I went through gotexhaust.com, the sponsor here on the site. I was quoted $619.38 shipped to my door earlier this year for a downpipe and 5" straight pipe stainless exhaust when I called a few weeks ago they honored that price too. If that includes downpipe and installation with a stainless exhaust that's a good deal. If its just the exhaust without a downpipe or installation, that's a ridiculous price.

Varvis

Reaction score
I went through gotexhaust.com, the sponsor here on the site. I was quoted $619.38 shipped to my door earlier this year for a downpipe and 5" straight pipe stainless exhaust when I called a few weeks ago they honored that price too. If that includes downpipe and installation with a stainless exhaust that's a good deal. If its just the exhaust without a downpipe or installation, that's a ridiculous price.

I see. I found an add on my local online classifieds that was selling a 5 inch straight pipe exhaust (new) for $540, this is all the add says though:

2001-2007 Chev/GMC 2500/3500 6.6 Duramax Diesel
5" MBRP straight pipe exhaust kit

I also found a new MBRP 5" aluminized exhaust kit for $600 for 01-07 Duramaxs. Both new. Neither say anything about a downpipe. How much would a 3 or 4 inch dp cost?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see. I found an add on my local online classifieds that was selling a 5 inch straight pipe exhaust (new) for $540, this is all the add says though:

2001-2007 Chev/GMC 2500/3500 6.6 Duramax Diesel
5" MBRP straight pipe exhaust kit

I also found a new MBRP 5" aluminized exhaust kit for $600 for 01-07 Duramaxs. Both new. Neither say anything about a downpipe. How much would a 3 or 4 inch dp cost?

When winter rolls around I'm assuming you guys have some pretty harsh salt/chemicals up in Canada? I'd shy away from the aluminized for that $600. MBRP is a good exhaust company and I've heard little complaints about the kits or downpipe. I just went with Magnaflow because its the best fitting kit on the market, its stainless, and I wanted a downpipe from the same company (I'm OCD about my exhaust systems).

The MBRP downpipes are a little more expensive than Magnaflow but either will suit you just fine, on XDP with a 10% off coupon code (DIESEL 10) the same downpipe I have for my truck is $120.07 before shipping.

Varvis

Reaction score
When winter rolls around I'm assuming you guys have some pretty harsh salt/chemicals up in Canada? I'd shy away from the aluminized for that $600. MBRP is a good exhaust company and I've heard little complaints about the kits or downpipe. I just went with Magnaflow because its the best fitting kit on the market, its stainless, and I wanted a downpipe from the same company (I'm OCD about my exhaust systems).

The MBRP downpipes are a little more expensive than Magnaflow but either will suit you just fine, on XDP with a 10% off coupon code (DIESEL 10) the same downpipe I have for my truck is $120.07 before shipping.

Yeah stainless is more of what I'm looking for due to road salt. Thanks for the info on XDP. My whole issue is when something is coming from the states, shipping charges are huge to Canada, especially for a big heavy set of exhaust tubes so I'm looking to purchase something locally.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saw this bad boy at the diesel shop today. $75,000 OBO. Truck goes in next Thursday for turbo horn, billet compressor wheel, downpipe and exhaust install!

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got this text tonight from the diesel shop where my truck is getting work done on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Out with the old compressor wheel, in with the new! I was told the truck is getting finished up tonight and I will be picking it up sometime tomorrow after work.

Just wanted to say if any of you in PA are looking for someone to do work on your diesel....NC Diesel Performance is definitely the way to go! Nick is an awesome guy and the techs he has working at his shop go out of their way for the customer!

More pictures tomorrow!

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice Dmax mine was a 03 GMC RC/LB 2wd truck I miss it and I will have another Dmax. I like that blue on yours

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh. my. god.

The new exhaust is amazing. With the wheel and new turbo inlet I gained about 35 horsepower. The exhaust at idle isn't that much louder than my 4" with a muffler but when I get a heavy foot this thing screams. Sounds pretty good when I rev it too. Next is to get the lift pump, BD full bore manifold, and gauges installed.

I think my next paycheck (after truck payment is made) will be used for a fun appearance mod. Not sure what yet. Maybe tow mirrors...

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Oh. my. god.

The new exhaust is amazing. With the wheel and new turbo inlet I gained about 35 horsepower. The exhaust at idle isn't that much louder than my 4" with a muffler but when I get a heavy foot this thing screams. Sounds pretty good when I rev it too. Next is to get the lift pump, BD full bore manifold, and gauges installed.

I think my next paycheck (after truck payment is made) will be used for a fun appearance mod. Not sure what yet. Maybe tow mirrors...
Tows would be sick!!!