77Conours's 2003 Duramax ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What happened

Serpentine belt snapped on my way to work this morning. It's only a little over a year old. Didn't have a new belt or the patience to deal with it so to the garage it went. Bought a new belt and dropped it off a little while ago, I proceeded to go to car lots and shop after lol.

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
Serpentine belt snapped on my way to work this morning. It's only a little over a year old. Didn't have a new belt or the patience to deal with it so to the garage it went. Bought a new belt and dropped it off a little while ago, I proceeded to go to car lots and shop after lol.

Lol just trade trucks with me

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much to update other than I drove the truck to Ocean City Maryland for the spring cruise weekend/muscle car show. Saw a lot of cool vehicles down there. Still shopping for another truck. Here's a picture of my truck right next to the boardwalk.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks mint!

I missed this for some reason! Thanks, not anywhere close to mint though!

In other news the truck search continues. Bank hasn't been cooperating well and has messed up 2 loan applications so far. I thought my inspection ran out this month so I scheduled it to go in for a tire rotation and inspection. Well of course it can't go to inspection without needing a tie rod and wheel hub.

Had both of those replaced and tires rotated. Also learned that my tires wont pass inspection because of the LOAD RANGE. PA ceases to amaze me the stuff you can fail for. Same garage missed it last year and that's why it passed. Didn't charge me for an inspection or tire rotation but for parts, labor, and alignment it was $489.65. Not something I wanted to pay when I'm trying to sell. I know the truck is safe and will pass inspection other than the tires. Not sure what I'm going to do but I have until August.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well,

The time has come.

I spent this evening removing all of my personal items, some stereo components, and LED bulbs. The truck is going to be traded in tomorrow (for those of you who don't know already) for a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie with a 5.9 Cummins. It still feels like yesterday that I was leaving the dealership and driving it home, excited about my first diesel truck. I won't miss the truck per say as I will the memories. Most of which were meeting my girlfriend and going to the beach with her. But looking back on all the times I've cursed this thing for a ticking time bomb of a head gasket and transmission problems I think a change will be good. Plus I can finally see what this Cummins craze is all about.

I will have a build thread for the Dodge in the "Other Vehicles" section here on the site. It will be there due to it not being a GM product. I'll also be over on CumminsForum.

Time to close the book on the story of this truck.