ThatLowChevys LBZ Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
definitely got a good deal a 9k.
i just got an 06 GMC ECSB 4x4 LBZ, been looking for awhile too, wanted a better tow rig than my 95.
it's stock, never been tuned and has 147k on it.
Planning a long road trip with the RV in the spring (hopefully).
going thru it slowly to make sure its ready.

i hope i like it as much as you do. Can't beat that mpg.
Planning on leaving mine stock.

any plans to "tune" it? EFI live?
Eventually I’d like to tune it. Delete the EGR, aftermarket down pipe, maybe an upgraded turbo. Buddy of mine has the RDS 9 blade on his 06 and it sounds mean. I’ve only put 4” straight pipe on mine, I love it.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet LBZ. I have always wanted an LBZ or an LB7 (regardless of the issues - no emissions) for a do-it-all truck. Now that emissions are highly scrutinized I think I’ll probably end up with an LB7. A lift pump, intake, and a nice exhaust and call it good. Problem is now that they’re getting harder to find in good condition.

Really like the transformation, that MPG is amazing!!

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting my windows tinted, did double 5% on side windows and rear glass, 35% windshield with a low 5% brow. Also replaced the Power Acoustik touchscreen with an Alpine ILX-W650. Very pleased with the stereo now, came with CarPlay and now my steering wheel buttons work again. I’ll try to get some pictures soon. Been on call so I’ve been driving the Service Truck

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Replaced the aging “U-Bar” headlights with some simple stock looking ones. Also took out the switchback LEDs in the turn signals and installed amber LEDs. You can see the windshield tint in the picture but I have the drivers window down so some light comes through. Also picked up an oil filter and oil in preparation for her service. Oil still looks great but coming up on the 5k mark

Attachments

• IMG_8377.jpeg
    IMG_8377.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 4

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Today was a pretty uneventful day, got the tailgate backup camera installed and working finally. The alpine stereo is a little weird with the camera input as you need a separate ground for it to work properly. But other than that I finally got the exhaust put together for my ‘72. I originally had longer glasspacks on that after a period of a few years started sounding like they were coming apart. I went with some Jones Fullboar single chambers, love it. Sounds great not too deep in tone and not loud on the highway
You must be registered for see images attach

Now the 5.3 sounds good, almost like the old 350 did before the LS swap. I could never find a decent sounding muffler for any of my LS vehicles but I think this is the one

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today was a pretty uneventful day, got the tailgate backup camera installed and working finally. The alpine stereo is a little weird with the camera input as you need a separate ground for it to work properly. But other than that I finally got the exhaust put together for my ‘72. I originally had longer glasspacks on that after a period of a few years started sounding like they were coming apart. I went with some Jones Fullboar single chambers, love it. Sounds great not too deep in tone and not loud on the highway

Now the 5.3 sounds good, almost like the old 350 did before the LS swap. I could never find a decent sounding muffler for any of my LS vehicles but I think this is the one

Post a sound clip?

That’s the reason I bought my OBS, I missed the sound of the of SBC. My 01 Yukon and 12 6.0 truck work and sound great but it’s just not the same as the old school muscle.

What’s the exhaust combo on the 72? I’m doing a single 3.5” down from the turbo but I haven’t picked out a muffler yet.

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
Post a sound clip?

That’s the reason I bought my OBS, I missed the sound of the of SBC. My 01 Yukon and 12 6.0 truck work and sound great but it’s just not the same as the old school muscle.

What’s the exhaust combo on the 72? I’m doing a single 3.5” down from the turbo but I haven’t picked out a muffler yet.
Not sure how to post videos on here but if you google “Jones FullBoar Single Chamber” you’ll find multiple videos on it. Exhaust is shorty headers to 2” pipe, turned out just under the bed

Thatlowchevy

Reaction score
And here y’all can finally see how dark the windows are. I’m real bad at taking pictures and also I traded the tow mirrors for a set of Denali mirrors. Factory heat, power folding, LED blinker and puddle lights. These don’t shake near as bad as the tows did