77Conours's 2003 Duramax ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tows would be sick!!!

I want them so bad but I feel like driving through the capital city to my college someone is bound to whack one of them. I have to ask my girlfriend's mom (she's an insurance agent) about who would be liable for damages...if its the other person then I might as well order them haha

Last edited:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New headlights showed up today, didn't wire the halos or LEDs yet. Gotta wait on my HID kits first. Parking lights should be here tomorrow.

Cool thing about the 3 little LEDs in the side marker portion is that they are removable and are 194 size. So I will be taking those out and replacing them with amber so its similar to the "upper corner mod". Really interested to see everything all lit up.

You must be registered for see images attach

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got the first headlight done, phew what a pain in the butt!

First did the low beam, no problem everything fit just had to force down the retainer pin, bulb isn't going anywhere. Not super close to the housing either! So on to the high beam.

Go to test fit the bulb and click, click. Bulb is too big (for those who don't know HID bulbs are bigger than halogens) so my friend Mr. Dremel came to help out. Little grinding of two corners and bulb slips in. Perfect distance away from the housing too. Could only clip down the one part of the retainer pin but the bulb is tight and secure with no wiggle room.

Dunno if these will be installed tomorrow or not. A lot of splicing to do and I still have to finalize the placement of the HID ballasts. Plus I'm detailing the truck for a show this weekend. Not planning on winning just going for a good time and monster truck show.

Oh! I'm using a Kensun 6,000K 35W H1 HID kits for the highs and lows. Think I read about them from a member on here and they have great reviews on Amazon so I thought I'd give them a shot!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started detailing at 7:30 this morning and finished up at 1:15 this afternoon. Truck looks just as good as the day I bought it.

Tested out my HIDs tonight and all 4 work without hesitation. Probably going to buy a relay harness in a few weeks just for added insurance for the low beams. Doubt I'll be using my high beams very much.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my halos wired and ballasts all mounted up Sunday night. I've had all of this hooked up and still haven't driven it at night yet. The set up is stupid bright though for the low beams. I'm glad I got HIDs for the highs but I doubt I'll use them at all.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tows are a must on the dirtymax's and not the wrinkle **** mirrors either. truck looks pretty good so far man

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tows are a must on the dirtymax's and not the wrinkle **** mirrors either. truck looks pretty good so far man

Yeah I don't like the accordion style factory tows on these trucks but I can't complain about the mirrors I have now. Probably gonna hold off on tow mirrors until I get done with college. I need to get this lift pump and my gauges installed so I can work on getting EFI Live for it.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like the accordion style factory tows on these trucks but I can't complain about the mirrors I have now. Probably gonna hold off on tow mirrors until I get done with college. I need to get this lift pump and my gauges installed so I can work on getting EFI Live for it.

those are a must, my brother is running an air dog lift pump and efi live with a bd built tranny...wicked set up

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gah, labor day sales!

So I need some opinions here. I have my Air Dog II 165 lift pump, pillar gauges, a PPE boost increase valve, and BD Full Bore manifold waiting to go on the truck. But Tractor Supply Company is having a 20% off all truck tool boxes this weekend. I've been thinking about getting one so I could eventually get a train horn setup and mount the compressor and stuff in the box and carry some roadside safety gear. It would be a low profile black box and I'd probably take the TSC badge off of it for a cleaner look.

Here's the dilemma:

1. Obviously I won't have the money to get the performance stuff installed, and its been sitting on my bedroom floor for almost a year now.
2. I'd have to change up my CB antennas, coax cable. Which isn't a big deal because a 120" whip mounted on the toolbox (facing the tailgate) would look badass and I would get better reception for my radio.
3. I need to start saving more money for injectors and for the labor it requires. They're perfectly fine and the truck is running good but it can't hurt to have a rainy day fund.

Let me know what you think!