77Conours's 2003 Duramax ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck goes in Monday for the remainder of the goodies I have. Should have it back by Wednesday.

I actually pulled out my pillar gauge pod and put another coat on it today. If I can find SEM clear coat at Pep Boys I'll throw an additional coat of the gray on tomorrow and then some clear. Hoping its as close to factory as possible.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As of tomorrow my truck will have been in the shop for two weeks.....I'm dying to get this thing back. We've had a horrible time for vehicles at my house since this thing went in lol.

-Dad's 06 Ridgeline got hit in the Lowes parking lot, not note or anything. Hit and run. No camera footage of the vehicle. $1,800 in damages.

-Dad's 78 Nova has recently started running poorly and continues to stall out when driving. Pretty sure it needs more fuel than air but its too late in the year to worry about it so its parked.

-My '77 Nova was running great for a few days and its nice to drive it for a little but it developed a bad misfire and now the drivers door will not open from the outside or inside, meaning I have to crawl through the passenger side to get in and out. I'm so pissed at this car right now its unbelievable. Unfortunately, its the only thing I can drive because my mom needs her '06 Corolla for work.

Talked to the shop owner and he said that the BD manifold I got didn't fit well because of a bad casting and metal burs that needed to be ground down. BD said that they wouldn't do anything because the vehicle isn't in their shop. Total bs if you ask me. Anywho, the shop owner isn't charging me the labor for when it needed to be taken off a second time but the exhaust manifold is the only thing he has done. Six hours of labor in that and none of the other stuff is done yet. I'm praying its done tomorrow. I have LEDs and stuff laying around and I can't imagine how dirty my truck must be lol.

Rant over.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting my truck back from the shop. It took them a total of 3.5 weeks. Didn't get the gauges installed which kind of annoyed me but, I can get that done another time.

The girlfriend got me one hell of a gift though!

You must be registered for see images attach

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting my truck back from the shop. It took them a total of 3.5 weeks. Didn't get the gauges installed which kind of annoyed me but, I can get that done another time.

The girlfriend got me one hell of a gift though!

You must be registered for see images attach
Weather techs are the BOMB

MinnesotaChevy

Gasser or Diesel?
Reaction score
loving the truck man especially the color how much you pay for it if you dont mind me by asking im debating towards a duramax cummins or a older 6.5 or sticking with a gasser ?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will only have to vacuum your carpets once a year with those things.

Nice! Doesn't bother me since I work at a car wash but that saves me time lol.

loving the truck man especially the color how much you pay for it if you dont mind me by asking im debating towards a duramax cummins or a older 6.5 or sticking with a gasser ?

Thanks! Paid $14,900 out the door when it had 158,*** miles on it. Just turned 170,000 miles last night. I like the Duramax, but test drove an '03 Cummins before this went up for sale. I liked it but couldn't work out a deal with the seller. Each engine has their pros and cons, just need to weigh your options. I can't speak for the 6.5's but I know some people like them and others hate them. I like driving a diesel and learning about it but part of me wishes I just stuck with a gas truck. Plugging it in for the night during winter blows. Spending extra money on anti-gel fuel additive and losing MPG's blows. I'd like to get a brand new Cummins once I graduate college and get a job so I'm not brand loyal when it comes to diesel motors.