6 inch superlift crossover, 95 4 dr yukon to 96 scsb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
a buddy of mine has a (95?) yukon 4 door that hes parting out with a 6 inch super lift suspension lift, i was wondering if it would cross over to my 96 swb? i know a used lift isnt an approved method, but its cheap, just wondering if it would fit or if its not worth the time...

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the main suspension brackets will be the same, only difference is how the tbar bracket is mounted. For some reason the 4 doors are different, use a link type setup. You will have to order the normal drop blocks or even easily make them. As long as it is isnt bent or broken anywhere no problems with a used lift.

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i finally got around to going look at it, he said he got the lift off of a truck, so he converted his tahoe to the truck style bracket for the tortion bars, he said he would throw in his 3/4 tortion keys aswell, but its mostly just brackets that drop the suspension and diff. off the frame to lift it and keep the cv angles right...

on another note: he was showing me some of the mods that need to be done while installing, he said the factory bump stops on the front suspension needs to be cut off to allow the brackets to bolt up, the front diff. bracket needs to be cut, and the drivers side exhaust pipe needs to be extended to fit under the front shaft after the lift....

being that ive never messed with lifts before, does this sound right? i dont wanna start hacking up my DD just to find out that i ruined it and have to buy a whole new truck lol

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i finally got around to going look at it, he said he got the lift off of a truck, so he converted his tahoe to the truck style bracket for the tortion bars, he said he would throw in his 3/4 tortion keys aswell, but its mostly just brackets that drop the suspension and diff. off the frame to lift it and keep the cv angles right...

on another note: he was showing me some of the mods that need to be done while installing, he said the factory bump stops on the front suspension needs to be cut off to allow the brackets to bolt up, the front diff. bracket needs to be cut, and the drivers side exhaust pipe needs to be extended to fit under the front shaft after the lift....

being that ive never messed with lifts before, does this sound right? i dont wanna start hacking up my DD just to find out that i ruined it and have to buy a whole new truck lol

yes you need to do those things go on superlifts website and download the directions and read them over

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes those things will need to be done. It is just the drivers side diff mount that needs to be cut off. Other thing you will need the longer front brake lines. With a used lift I would atleaet buy new nylon lock nuts

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i looked on super lift and couldnt find them, all i could find was the 2 inch kit, anyone have a link?

gmcz71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks! look like im gonna take the plunge and buy it from him, i need something to tuck the 35's that i got, i cant afford a new set of tires and cant find any used 33x12.50 17's, but i can get 35's all day long