3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I just measured from the ground to fender on the front and rear.

Front: 30 3/4 inches
Rear: 28 3/4 inches

How the F am I supposed to come up with 2 extra inches of drop up front? The DJM coils are 2” drop springs paired with 3” spindles.

Will cutting a coil off of a 454 spring really get me to where I need to be?

Is it possible I did something wrong? I look at @someotherguy ’s dually and it sits great. Different brands but same parts (coils, spindles, flip kit) and several other members have similar results, but not me.

The springs are seated in the LCA, they are torqued with the weight of the truck on them. I had the truck on stands under the cab, put a jack on the LCA, and lifted until the truck was off the stand on that side, then torqued them down. Repeat for the other side. Is this wrong?
Man, I suck. Sorry it took me more than a week to remember to do this. Truck's in the garage on the pretty smooth, flat floor so I just threw a tape measure to all 4 corners.

29" from fender lip to floor when measured right at the center of front hubs, 28.5" fender lip to floor at rears (measured both sides too just to be sure, very minor variance.) Pics for clarity, you can blow 'em up just be careful to not look too hard or you might see in trim ring reflections that I'm not wearing pants.
You must be registered for see images attach

Edit - should also be noted there's no weight in the bed other than the DeeZee bed mat which is claimed 53lbs by them. No spare tire out back.

Since we're somewhat comparing apples to oranges (C2500 vs. C3500 dually) my setup is the '93 C3500 dually with the Belltech 722SP kit - #3700 3" spindles, #12600 2" springs (spacer left out, obviously), #6926 rear flip kit with both overload leafs (upper and lower, and the upper spring spacer) removed. 225/75/16 BFG Commercial T/A AS2 tires (29.3") all the way around.

It is interesting to note that a claimed 29.3" tire appears to be closer to 28" installed. ;)

Your leaf pack would not have the upper overload leaf and spacer since those are dually-only items. Which reminds me, I still need to remove those upper overload snubber brackets from the frame since now they do nothing.

Upper and lower overload leafs on the dually pack as original:

Both of 'em removed so I'm still running the 5 main leafs in the original pack:

Richard

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I suck. Sorry it took me more than a week to remember to do this. Truck's in the garage on the pretty smooth, flat floor so I just threw a tape measure to all 4 corners.

29" from fender lip to floor when measured right at the center of front hubs, 28.5" fender lip to floor at rears (measured both sides too just to be sure, very minor variance.) Pics for clarity, you can blow 'em up just be careful to not look too hard or you might see in trim ring reflections that I'm not wearing pants.

Edit - should also be noted there's no weight in the bed other than the DeeZee bed mat which is claimed 53lbs by them. No spare tire out back.

Since we're somewhat comparing apples to oranges (C2500 vs. C3500 dually) my setup is the '93 C3500 dually with the Belltech 722SP kit - #3700 3" spindles, #12600 2" springs (spacer left out, obviously), #6926 rear flip kit with both overload leafs (upper and lower, and the upper spring spacer) removed. 225/75/16 BFG Commercial T/A AS2 tires (29.3") all the way around.

It is interesting to note that a claimed 29.3" tire appears to be closer to 28" installed. ;)

Your leaf pack would not have the upper overload leaf and spacer since those are dually-only items. Which reminds me, I still need to remove those upper overload snubber brackets from the frame since now they do nothing.

Upper and lower overload leafs on the dually pack as original:

Both of 'em removed so I'm still running the 5 main leafs in the original pack:

Richard
Thanks for measuring - no worries on the delay man. I know you’re busy. Yeah apples/oranges. Still gives me an idea. I just wonder why my front is so much higher. Need to get some miles on it.

That 1/2” really makes a difference (alright alright get it out of your system). Yours is 1.5” and mines 2” but yours looks real level.

Appreciate it!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for measuring - no worries on the delay man. I know you’re busy. Yeah apples/oranges. Still gives me an idea. I just wonder why my front is so much higher. Need to get some miles on it.

That 1/2” really makes a difference (alright alright get it out of your system). Yours is 1.5” and mines 2” but yours looks real level.

Appreciate it!
What's up front.. a 5.7? If so, you need a big block ;) but that could be the tequila talking. Just a couple hours ago the wife accused it of being the reason me and my homie were being assholes. I assured her it was my natural state

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck is in the air, ABS is removed, new-old combination valve is hooked up, most of the old lines are removed. Waiting on my deburring tool to arrive then I can start forming lines. The valve is plugged so I’m not losing fluid.

I need to paint the core support and rad brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_8502.jpeg
    IMG_8502.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 5