2014 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Solid front axle is goofy on a half ton and as far as the average truck goes, even bigger trucks with the advancing technology can benefit from ifs.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Solid front axle is goofy on a half ton and as far as the average truck goes, even bigger trucks with the advancing technology can benefit from ifs.

This is true for the metrosexual, urban cowboy types that never use their truck as a truck but want to look cool in their to their neighbors. With a solid front axle, you can use locking hubs to improve fuel economy, decrease wear and tear and have a bulletproof front end you will never have to worry about. A nice D44 would be more than good enough, I dont lift my trucks and put 40" tires on them, so for the 33" tires I would run, the roads I run on and the loads I haul, a 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front will make the truck bulletproof. You want to get cute and put huge lifts and tires on your truck, then you get Dana 60s on your own time.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You're stuck in the 70s and 80s. Independent suspension technology has advanced a lot. Today's ifs can be much stronger then a D44 and the parts are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Independent suspension has many advantages for street driving. IFS is the best route to go for the average person.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're stuck in the 70s and 80s. Independent suspension technology has advanced a lot. Today's ifs can be much stronger then a D44 and the parts are getting cheaper and cheaper.

Independent suspension has many advantages for street driving. IFS is the best route to go for the average person.

IFS is great if you never touch an unpaved road, rough roads, heavy loads. If I didnt need a 4x4 truck to pull my trailer into the mountains and haul heavy things, Id drive a Golf TDi and get 5x the mileage.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I touch enough unpaved roads with my 8 year old IFS set up to know.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Only in a wheelers dream would it happen, but they should resurrect the ZR2 nameplate for the 1500 and either have it available with a solid axle or at least make it capable of whupping some Raptor a$$