SAS K2500 99 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the drivers side rear bracket mounted and am making progress. Will post a pic of the spring after we have it hung. Had to grind off a few more pieces to make the WFO bracket for the shock mounts to clear everything. Did a little trimming and will tack weld it up tomorrow. Will be trying to mount the Dana 60 in there if all works right tomorrow. I will say that the Plasma cutter was the best $400 bucks I have spent in a long time. It is perfect for getting pilot holes punched out then using the drill to finish the whole up. Save a ton of time!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the steering arm just on to hold the knuckle together? Cause if not it's on backwards lol.....

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today we got the WFO plates installed and welded in. Not the best welder but I can grind down a weld just right! Lol. So won't be posting those until I have it ready (ground) to post. Plates won't be here till Friday so tomorrow we are working on the intake swap. Also as a note - we made a mistake and had to reweld the front body bushing brackets as we thought they were in the way but they were fine. So we ground those back to fit and re-welded them back on. Figures.

Reaction score
how much a lift and what size tires are you going with? looking at getting a K2500 ext cab long bed later in the year, and wanna SAS it, just dont wanna go crazy high, so i can still use it to haul and tow. looking awesome so far!

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much a lift and what size tires are you going with? looking at getting a K2500 ext cab long bed later in the year, and wanna SAS it, just dont wanna go crazy high, so i can still use it to haul and tow. looking awesome so far!
I had a 3" key lift on it and for now am using the same rear blocks until I can get the shackle flip rears from ORD. I have Bilstein 5100s on it now and they work great with a 3" lift. From my understanding it should end up with a 3-4" lift over stock which is just about right where it is now. It might go up an inch or so which would be good because it had a bit of a downward rake on it I didn't like. So about 4" over stock. Tires are 305 70 16s from ebay - Dirt Commander series. I believe they are from Parish Tire in Carrollton TX. Been running them on a few trucks and they actually do quite well. Not too noisy and wear decent.

amrush2112

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well today was rough! Still waiting on brackets from ORD. They should be here tomorrow so today the headers I got from Summit Racing nearly killed me! They weren't fitting the engine right and after 4-5 times trying to figure it out by taking them off and on we figured out the header flange was hitting the outer head bolt on the head. A bit of grinding down on the flange and it bolted in. Overall they are great headers (have them on my 86K20) and they are solid. But I was sure cussing these Srant Eyed ******** for making these not fit the engine they were intended for!

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpeg
    IMG_4275.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4276.jpeg
    IMG_4276.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4277.jpeg
    IMG_4277.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4278.jpeg
    IMG_4278.jpeg