2000 K3500 4x4 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somehow between the weight I hauled on my trip and age both my front tires are bad now :(
They're both lumpy after air pockets formed between the belts and the tread, shakes like a ******* driving on the freeway.

Looks like i'll get those 235/85/16s sooner than I thought.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Somehow between the weight I hauled on my trip and age both my front tires are bad now :(
They're both lumpy after air pockets formed between the belts and the tread, shakes like a ******* driving on the freeway.

Looks like i'll get those 235/85/16s sooner than I thought.

A/Ts or highway tires?
And how long did the truck sit???

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Sat for 1 year while I rebuilt the engine. The tires are just highway.

Though it must have sat a long time before i bought it.
The tires are from 2004

Damn; makes me wonder if I oughta check the dates on the Michelins on my truck now, what tires are you going to get to replace them?

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got any updates on your ride?

I literally just opened up my kit from HP tuners. Going to do some comparing between my current Lextech 28lbm tune to a stock tune soon. Hopefully I'll have some data. Have you gotten your stuff yet?

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got any updates on your ride?

I literally just opened up my kit from HP tuners. Going to do some comparing between my current Lextech 28lbm tune to a stock tune soon. Hopefully I'll have some data. Have you gotten your stuff yet?
No updates, I've only been able to drive it around town a few times since last year.
I still haven't gotten new tires for it, which is stopping me from being able to take it over 35mph.

I should have tires either this month or early next, just been busy with other stuff.

I'm not sure when i'll get around to tuning it. I was thinking about it last night and decided to go the 411 + base tune from lextec if he still does it and buy hp tuners to tune myself.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Rebuild Success!
800 mile round trip camping. I got about 8mpg.
0 oil or coolant loss. :gay:

I built this truck for rv camping, specifically for trips to the Mojave desert in So Cal a few times each year. There is a steep incline (6%) at the end going up hwy 58 with head winds that always kicked my 350's ass. This 454 made me more than happy :D:D

Some pics camping
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Glad to see it out and about!

Man I wish I lived down in the desert.