2000 K3500 4x4 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rebuild Success!
800 mile round trip camping. I got about 8mpg.
0 oil or coolant loss. :gay:

I built this truck for rv camping, specifically for trips to the Mojave desert in So Cal a few times each year. There is a steep incline (6%) at the end going up hwy 58 with head winds that always kicked my 350's ass. This 454 made me more than happy :D:D

Some pics camping
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some last minute repairs/ mods I did before my trip
-tow mirrors from my 2500
-air bags from my 2500
-new shocks
-new brakes
-new stabilizer bar links (snapped one by mistake, thankfully replacement upgrades are cheap)

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This made the drive home rough as hell. Took me a couple hundred miles to figure it out. I stopped 4 times trying to find something broken, finally realized what it could be and found it when I stopped for gas.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice! I was eyeing a Lance trailer for sale down the street. The wife said no-way...I'll convince her yet.

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't ask permission, ask for forgiveness after you've bought it ;)

Yeah, that's how I bought the truck...oh and another boat when my son was a month old. She swore if I pulled the crap again, it'd be over...so I figure I have about a year more until she forgets that statement...:rotflmao:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Between this rig and Dave's truck, the slide in camper wantsies are almost painful at this point.

I'd like to find a nice little slide in pop up; and in fact, one of the campgrounds my family frequents has an almost immaculate Palomino Bronco 1250 for sale, and it looks like it'd be a perfect fit for my truck,

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's cool for one or two people and not taking up too much room.

Though dumping it is the worst.

I'm going to sell mine next year and get a 5th wheel toy hauler.
And maybe a razor after that ;)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's the big deal? Just pull the plug and hit the road, tank will take care of itself. I'm on the prowl for an 1161 myself. Dry bath, side entrance, slide out dinette. Would be nice to not trip over the trailer tongue when I'm trying to climb in and out drunk.

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The ones your looking at should be a lot easier to dump since they hang down over the bumper.
Mine stops at the bumper and is only the length of the bed, opening the gray gets all over my bumper.