2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to make a run to HD to rent an over seeder yesterday. Got about 45min of seat time on the round trip.

Man I am loving this new muffler. The closest thing I can describe it as sounding like is a UPS gas job. It makes just enough noise to still sound good without being abusive to the ears.

The down side is there are a bunch of squeaky bushings and rattles I never knew existed. At least those can be fixed with the volume knob. I’m holding off on any photos until it’s completed. It still needs a couple hangers and the 2 piece tailpipe welded.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weekend came and went, and I got nothing done on the truck. I did get some things done with the truck though. I did a little junkyarding on Sat and found a 3rd pedal, just in case....for a rainy day. Also grabbed a pair of GMT800 wipers, so I’ll have to figure out how to make those work.

I had to move my parents camper on Sunday. 40’ and 15k. No clue what the weight on the pin was, but it’s the first time I’ve seen the back tires so stuffed.

You must be registered for see images attach

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Messed with the wipers a bit this evening. For anyone who doesn’t know, the GMT800 uses a shorter arm, but a longer blade for the same overall length. The upside is you get about 4” more contact area per wiper. Whoever figured this mod out is a friggin genus.

You must be registered for see images attach

I drilled out the rivets in the GMT800 arms, but I haven’t touched the GMT400 arms yet. Anyone do this and have a suggestion for the springs? They seem just about impossible to budge.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to move my parents camper on Sunday. 40’ and 15k. No clue what the weight on the pin was, but it’s the first time I’ve seen the back tires so stuffed.

What was that like? I can’t imagine it got up and going very quickly? How’d it do once things got rolling? Most I’ve ever towed so far was just under 10k and was pleasantly surprised, but it was also flat ground.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full disclosure: Those numbers are estimates at best. I believe it’s a 380 something model number, and I’m pretty sure the sticker said it’s GRWR is like 14 and change. It’s friggin huge no matter how you slice it.

I only moved it around the camp ground, and I’m thankful for that. I would want no part of towing that beast around these parts. Down south with no hills, it would prob do just fine though.

I’ll be interested to see if I pick up any power after intake is sealed back up and new injectors and FPR. To be honest I feel like the truck is a bit of a dog. Any thoughts on installing the factory cam straight up with an aftermarket timing set that doesn’t have the built in 8* of retard?