2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I had husky on a tacoma I had. Their mudflaps and floor liners seemed great quality

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First camping trip went without issue. Well, nothing broke. I thought the water pump was beginning to groan. Took the tension off the belt and I’m not sure what’s keeping the tensioner pulley on. That’s getting replaced today.

I also swore that I would not tow the camper again without installing that exhaust. Yesterday I removed the side exit “catback” and mocked up the bus muffler. I don’t have hangers yet, but I had to hear it even with the muffler sitting on blocks.

Wow. All the bark and snappiness of the old exhaust is gone. It’s maybe just a tad louder than stock. I’m going to add an x crossover while I’m in there, so we’ll see if that makes any difference. I bet with cats, this thing would be stupid quiet. A road test will tell the tale. Hopefully all the drone is gone.

Wife is happy now, so there’s that.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rigged up some half assed hangers so I can get to my buddies shop for welding. Went for a quick ride around the block and oh my is it quiet now. I also threw in the new tensioner pulley and it made no difference in the noise I was hearing. The search continues...

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Every one of my GMT400 rigs gets a set of Husky splash guards, great product, I have a set on my K2500 'burb, it was one of the first things I did to it. Quiet exhaust will go a long ways for your sanity!

On a non dually rig, the front and rear sets on the Husky splash guards are the same part number, by the way.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I rigged up some half assed hangers so I can get to my buddies shop for welding. Went for a quick ride around the block and oh my is it quiet now. I also threw in the new tensioner pulley and it made no difference in the noise I was hearing. The search continues...

If you have a squeaky belt, get a Continental Elite on there. They're relabeled Gatorbacks.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I almost went crazy chasing a squeak once. It turned out the be the belt. I think I got a Gates belt and that did it. Years later I watched a video on YT and the guy said never wash an engine bay because the belt will squeak...or if you do, remove the belt. I didn't know back then, but that what I had done.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I almost went crazy chasing a squeak once. It turned out the be the belt. I think I got a Gates belt and that did it. Years later I watched a video on YT and the guy said never wash an engine bay because the belt will squeak...or if you do, remove the belt. I didn't know back then, but that what I had done.

Gates also makes a flexi belt like the Elite IIRC.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s more like a groaning bearing. Could still be the water pump or more than likely the reman CS144. I was thinking about getting one of the Gates green belts. Any thoughts on those?