2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is going to be a driveway job, so I should just schedule a chiropractor appointment for afterwards. I knew it will be murder on my back, but to be honest, the thought of removing the tires never crossed my mind. Maybe I’ll jack it up, pull the fronts, and set it down on some plywood or something so it doesn’t tear up the pavement.

I replaced the quick connect fitting last year so that should be in good shape. I do need to have the line remade though, as somehow the crimp split and is weeping coolant.

The oil pressure gauge seems to work just fine, so I don’t think I’ll be messing with it.

My biggest fear of this job is getting the distributor back in correctly. Will match marks on the distributor and manifold get me close enough to not worry about setting a MIL for crank angle? Is it any different than any other old Chevy? I’ve messed with them enough to know if it’s a tooth off or the oil pump isn’t lined up.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should add that a little piece of me is slowly dying knowing that I’ll be this far into it, and I’m not stabbing a cam in too.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I should add that a little piece of me is slowly dying knowing that I’ll be this far into it, and I’m not stabbing a cam in too.

Just mark it at the rotor, housing, and manifold and you'll be fine.

I'd still err on replacing the oil pressure switch but thats just me. Maybe I'll live to regret it.

Honestly, it's not THAT huge of a job. So revisiting it for a cam wouldn't be that insanely bad. I could see where it could be an 8 hour thing if you were just blasting thru it for gaskets only and not all the heavy cleaning and peripherals.

Yeah I'd get the truck as low as possible. Maybe some 6x6's on the control arms to keep the disc's off the ground but dropping it as low as possible and then using a good stool.

Or hunt FB marketplace or Craigslist real quick for a topside creeper and hope to score one cheap and hock it when you're done. Thats what I did although I think I'll just keep mine now.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Have you started teardown?

Lol I'm interested to get your perspective as I am newly postpartum

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a little reflection, this job is going to have to wait a few more weeks. We’ve got our season opener camping trip planned in 2 weeks, and and I’ll also be out of state between now and then.

I can’t risk having the truck torn down and not back together in time. So stay tuned for that one. I think I’ll install the exhaust next week instead. Aerating and overseeing the grass today, so expect no updates on the truck today either.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilCVY