2-4" lift pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I want to lift my truck a few inches since I put new 285 tires on it. What does everyone think of the rough country 2-3 inch lift? Would I be better off with a block and crank the t bars? Pics of trucks with up to a 4 inch lift would be really appreciated, I'm just curious how they look so I can make up my mind. Thanks everyone. It's a 97 ecsb 4x4

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
2" lift is a glamified crank and block. It has an upper control arm to help bj angles.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That kit is an absolute waste of money zero benefits

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crank tbs drop front dif if you don't like the angles. Don't buy the kit.

This is probably a really stupid question, but here it goes.....How would you go about dropping the front diff without the kit outside of fabbing up your own brackets perhaps? I, too, am interested in a small suspension lift at some point (in the 2"-4" range). The reason for this is cranking too much leads to bad ride quality as well as terrible angles that wreak havoc with your front end components.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question, but here it goes.....How would you go about dropping the front diff without the kit outside of fabbing up your own brackets perhaps? I, too, am interested in a small suspension lift at some point (in the 2"-4" range). The reason for this is cranking too much leads to bad ride quality as well as terrible angles that wreak havoc with your front in components.
Not stupid at all I have no idea either

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want 4" just get the RCX kit. Dropping the diff is only part of it. You've got to keep the ball joint angles an tie rods in spec as well.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put spacers under the bolts that mount the diff. I think suspension maxx actually makes proper spacers. I just made my own out of some scrap rigid pipe

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't fix the harsh ride from being on the droop stops. Ya it isn't cheap, but my truck rides awesome. Maybe even better than stock...