1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thought about suggesting that but less surface area of the smaller bolt head against the washer.. I'm no engineer but that would worry me, too. Am I over-thinking it? Or under-thinking it, lol

Richard

It only needs to be the correct grade and be able to take factory torque specs. The latter may be a question for a nerd. We got any of those around here?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine came with these nifty thin head bolts that made it a pain to torque them lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Helper bag brackets removed, fenders trimmed, lift shackle installed. Sitting at about 29.5" rear now. Super happy with that an how it looks. The front still might need to come up but I was whooped after all this.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet looking truck.

Did you source the rear center caps, or did they come with your wheels?

They look like flanged metal ones on the rear. Going to be looking for something like that myself, fronts if I can find them also. I keep finding the plastic ones that click down with the caps for the nuts, and I'm not sure if I have enough threads on my Arrowcraft adapters on the rear for the screw on nut caps. They told me I could order a set of longer studs, but they're not cheap, and that's a lot of press work.

Also, I'm not one to talk with my multi colored Johnny Cash truck, but please make your front flares white so my OCD will be less triggered. (just kidding, kinda.)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet looking truck.

Did you source the rear center caps, or did they come with your wheels?

They look like flanged metal ones on the rear. Going to be looking for something like that myself, fronts if I can find them also. I keep finding the plastic ones that click down with the caps for the nuts, and I'm not sure if I have enough threads on my Arrowcraft adapters on the rear for the screw on nut caps. They told me I could order a set of longer studs, but they're not cheap, and that's a lot of press work.

Also, I'm not one to talk with my multi colored Johnny Cash truck, but please make your front flares white so my OCD will be less triggered. (just kidding, kinda.)
They came with my wheels but I have the invoice from the place they ordered them from. If I can find it again I'll get you the part number. They are all metal, you have to put them on before the lugs. It's a ring an then the center goes through it. I assume they have different heights for different hubs on the big trucks. It looks like they were supposed to fit over 5 of the lugs but mine have the integrated washers so they don't. Kind of a pain to get them on an centered while holding it, with wheels an starting a lug nut lol.

The front caps are actual Alcoa ones an are held on by the lug covers. They have the tabs on them that click into the grooves on the covers.

Flares are staying black lol. I like the contrast an if you got them on a W/T they were never color matched. I think it was more a 4x4 thing but I like the look an alot of the bagged guys run them too.

Last edited:

Edeuce

Reaction score
Mine came with these nifty thin head bolts that made it a pain to torque them lol.

Helper bag brackets removed, fenders trimmed, lift shackle installed. Sitting at about 29.5" rear now. Super happy with that an how it looks. The front still might need to come up but I was whooped after all this.

Man the Dually is looking AWESOME !!!!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditched the inside frame bag mount idea, to much stuff in the way. Found some 2500 size knockoff bags on the jungle. They should fit between the backing plate an are shorter so they should stay inside the wheels regardless of how high I jack it up. Weld on upper brackets should come today. Hopefully can get them buttoned up an back working over the next few weeks.

I was going to just flip the tin works upper bracket over an it would have worked OK, it just would have limited up travel an had the bag acting more like a bump stop. The weld on brackets are pretty cheap an will let me set the bag at a more middle range of travel so I don't affect the ride with it being compressed to much.

Picked up a 411 an the required pinout sheet too.

Just been driving it a good bit otherwise, rides awsome, looks good still really happy with it so far.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score

Shew…. The wheels are ride high are A1 perfect. Looking sweet. Plan on keeping the work truck front end?