1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run about 15 in the helpers on my daily NBS 1500, that seems where they're happy. You can grind the fenders or they'll smoke like a sumbitch going down the road.
I spoke to tinworks, he's looking into if he can shorten up the bracket any for me but he designed these to run with no air until loaded. If you raise the truck with them they come out from inside the wheel an rub.

Him an Lowboy both told me the fender will need trimmed regardless of tire size. Not sure why lowboy didn't tell me that up front. I thought these setups were good to go, no fender or rear end mods needed. Ya that's how I noticed I had a problem, it was smoking like crazy. It almost rubbed the letters off on the Dr side

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke to tinworks, he's looking into if he can shorten up the bracket any for me but he designed these to run with no air until loaded. If you raise the truck with them they come out from inside the wheel an rub.

Him an Lowboy both told me the fender will need trimmed regardless of tire size. Not sure why lowboy didn't tell me that up front. I thought these setups were good to go, no fender or rear end mods needed. Ya that's how I noticed I had a problem, it was smoking like crazy. It almost rubbed the letters off on the Dr side
I've always been told that running them with no air can damage the bags. Granted that's in big truck applications, but that's where most of my air ride experience came from.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've always been told that running them with no air can damage the bags. Granted that's in big truck applications, but that's where most of my air ride experience came from.

Meh. My dually bags have been empty the last couple years. When we take just the camper out and I air them up they seem to do just fine.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. My dually bags have been empty the last couple years. When we take just the camper out and I air them up they seem to do just fine.
In big truck world running no sir will damage the bags, this I know.
With my dually I gotta add air to move, so I can't speak to that. If you're saying it won't hurt anything I believe you, just don't know I could bring myself to do it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
In big truck world running no sir will damage the bags, this I know.
With my dually I gotta add air to move, so I can't speak to that. If you're saying it won't hurt anything I believe you, just don't know I could bring myself to do it.

I'm not saying it won't or can't hurt anything, just sharing my own personal observations. Big rig bags don't augment a leaf spring like mine and Brody's do. Do you know what in a big rig bag goes south with no air?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it won't or can't hurt anything, just sharing my own personal observations. Big rig bags don't augment a leaf spring like mine and Brody's do. Do you know what in a big rig bag goes south with no air?
Gotcha. I got helpers on my daily, and I always keep air in them.
I don't know what exactly goes bad, but I'd guess the sides crack or break.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great! I am going to get the tin works helper bag setup for my C2500… possibly. Since I didn’t use their notch, it would need some slight modification. I used their flip kit though. You’ve come this far, I know you’ll get it figured out!