1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I got my receiver hitch fabricated and bolted up. NOTHING about it fit because of my frame modifications. Got her hung tho. Still have not figured out that pesky oil pressure gauge. Im just checking the oil in it every day for right now.

TerrySmith

Reaction score
If your oil press gauge pegs you have an OPEN circuit between the sending unit and the gauge or the incorrect sender unit. Does it show 0 when the key is on eng off or pegged all the time?

98_k1500

Reaction score
It is pegged key on, engine off. Thanks for the input, this is the info i need. I'll probably start tracing it down tomorrow. Wire is probably just broken somewhere. It is the correct sending unit. I guess my first step will be to ground the wire with it unplugged, and see what the gauge does. That will let me know if the sending unit is causing the open circuit or if the wire is broken somewhere.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Ordered some tires for it. 35x12.50x17 Federal Couragia MT's. They should put her right where i want her as far as off road ability. At $1023°° they are pretty easy on the wallet as far as a 35 inch mud grip goes too.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
That's a damn good price for MTs. Most all terrains will run you that much.

Sent while drivi-

98_k1500

Reaction score
They will clear. The 3/4 ton is sittin higher than my 1/2 ton ever did and my 1/2 ton would clear 35s. That $1023°° is mounted, balanced, and tax. Out the door price. Trick to clearing the 35s is putting them on skinny (7.5") factory wheels. You got to run a block on the rear or they will rub in the inside of the rear fenders when you flex it. My front fenders (came off the half ton) are not cut, but i am not against cutting them. I ran a uncut valence on the 1/2 ton the whole time i had it. They will tuck in there.