1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Well, I ended up fixing my blower motor, and did a upgrade while i was at it. I pulled the dash bezel off to find that it did'n even have a blower motor switch in it. The plug on the dash harness was toast (imagine that, just my luck huh?) So i buy a new switch, and run to the shop and rob the plug out of a junk truck. When i get there, I see where it has been hot before, but its not nearly as bad as mine, so i cut it off. After comparing the switch to the original one in the junk truck, i notice there is an extra pin in one of the unused slots on the plug, and its bridged to the hot feed for the switch (which was what was burned up on my other one). I robbed a good wire out of the burned up plug and installed it in the good plug on that terminal, and soildered them both to the hot wire from the ignition. Now it has 2 hot feeds, so maybe it won't heat up and burn up my plug like the last one did. I also changed my wiper motor pulse board, found out today in the rain that if you turned the wipers on, they would not go off unless you cut the truck off.

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the dash lights are 194, the door lights are 194. the floor lights you can buy an adapter to make them 194 otherwise i think they are 1156's or maybe that the parking lights.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still have the fender flares? I'm interested in them and I agree with the demolding I use to hate it but now with my newest z I'm doing stuff I never thought I'd do.... I say you go with tow mirrors or the color math theme like I done with mine...

Don't mean to jack your thread

You must be registered for see images attach

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I do still have the flares. I can't get them off. The bolts are caked with concrete (this was obviously a work truck around a cement plant somewhere). I have had several people ask about them. I would love to have some tow mirrors, but since mine are good, I probably will leave them alone for the time bein. I am still having problems with my oil pressure gauge. Any ideas? The sending unit is new and a known good cluster plugged into my truck does the same thing. If you unplug the sending unit, it does the same thing. What do yall's trucks do with the sending unit unplugged? Does the gauge sit on 0 or does it peg like mine?

You must be registered for see images attach

(Truck is not running in the pic)

Last edited: