1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be I've had all kinds of problems with that being the root of them hell I've had tranny problems because of them

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The ground wire that breaks out of the wiring harness at the back of the engine (i assume its a ground anyway, It was a ground on my other truck) was broken. (the one that bolts on the back of the passenger side head) I soldered a eye back on the end of it and grounded it like my other truck was, EVERYTHING else on the truck works, so i assume this is correct.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is correct if all your ground are hooked and properly grounding I would assume that your wires to the sensor have a short or pinched somewhere if not the sending unit is defective

98_k1500

Reaction score
I really need to know what a working gauge does if you unplug the sending unit and turn the key on. That would help more than anything in pinpointing the problem.

Hood93z

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine being a 94 model if don't think I could be much help but here's a pic of my gauges with the power cut to all of them

You must be registered for see images attach

Keep in mind this cluster for sure is a good one

98_k1500

Reaction score
yea, i know my cluster is good. already tested it. I need a truck like mine, the sending unit unplugged, and the key turned on to see if the oil pressure gauge pegs or if it just sits there.

98_k1500

Reaction score
it would be appreciated. no hurry, it runs fine and i know its got oil pressure. It would just be nice to know if i blew a oil cooler line or something.