Extended cab short bed to single cab long bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenz97

Reaction score
I Know this sounds really far fetched but is it possible? is the wheelbase the same? How about body mounts?

This would be a while in the future just really want a long bed for the stuff I use my truck for.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to reverse that question.....kinda. I got a single cab long bed. Is it feasible to make it a single cab short bed? Prob a dumb question, but hey, why not?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel bases: 117, 131, 141, 155.
O.P. wants to make a 141 into a 131, but wants to replace both the cab, the bed, rear driveshaft and all the parking brake cables, and wants to make major surgery to the frame?

That means he's only gonna keep everything forward of the windshield.

It would be MUCH cheaper to sell the 141 and buy a 131.

Edit: Back in the square body days, there was a conversion known as a Longfoot. I've always wanted a 400 version: ECLB frame, transplant a 2 door cab with a super long bed, somewhere about 12 foot.

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going to reverse that question.....kinda. I got a single cab long bed. Is it feasible to make it a single cab short bed? Prob a dumb question, but hey, why not?

The frame tapers in width from the front of the bed to the back, (think parallelogram) therefore it's not just cutting it front to back, but side to side too.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel bases: 117, 131, 141, 155.

There's a 154 and a 155, and that still leaves out the 160something crew cab long beds. I forget which is which, and it's a nightmare sifting through it on www.car-part.com. It seems either GM mismarked some trucks and/or the guys at the yards reading the stickers are re-tarded. One is a CCSB and the other and ECLB. I also noticed the frames don't all kick up at exactly the same location.

CCSB
You must be registered for see images attach

ECLB

CCLB

Useless trivia as far as this thread is concerned, but I thought it was good for a head scratch.