1998 GMC K2500 ECLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Here's mine with H2s and 285/70-17s...

*SNIP

I really enjoy the look of the H2 wheels on these trucks, yours just solidifies the fact. I've been searching craigslist and can't seem to find any lately!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Small update, deleted the step bars Friday... Cue Wife and daughter bitching about not being able to get in....

Took the truck christmas tree hunting Friday afternoon. My new exhaust came in the same day. For those of you who don't know, the kid who owned it before me cut off the muffler and exhaust after the cats and liked the sound. To me it was absolutely obnoxious!

So, on went the Walker factory replacement exhaust.

Went to hang the tailpipe, noticed the dummy cut off the rear tailpipe hanger, so I had to make my own based off of a few diesel exhaust hangers I had sitting around..

You must be registered for see images attach

The good news is, the truck has a nice little burble at idle (I chose the dynomax muffler over the stock-stock muffler). It isn't obnoxious anymore, its much more joyful to drive. I'm still browsing through 2-3/4" exhaust tips, i'd like to find a 2-3/4" to 4-5" black tip.

Also received my brand new CD player and mounting kit in the mail, still waiting for the wiring adapter and antenna adapter. They've been "out for delivery" with USPS since Friday. Go figure...

Also waiting on the CD player delete pocket from Amazon. Also ordered a new passenger side door handle, it isn't broken yet. But the Wife and Daughter gripe about how tough it is to open.

So far, things left to do:
-Find H2 wheels
-Find colormatched tailgate and passenger front fender to fix damaged areas.
-Purchase new low-profile over the trail toolbox.
-Wait for body lift to come in the mail.
-Purchase front license plate bracket.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really enjoy the look of the H2 wheels on these trucks, yours just solidifies the fact. I've been searching craigslist and can't seem to find any lately!

Thanks. I saw them on a 2003 DMax truck that a friend of mine has, with the brushed GMC centers (like I have on mine). I never really thought the H2 wheels looked all that great with the stock centers (see below). Anyway I bought mine off a guy who had sold his H2, but still had the new take-off wheels sitting in his basement. He just happened to advertise them and I was the first person to call him. I think I paid $300 for the set of four. He said they were removed from the H2 when it had 2 or 3k miles and they were in the boxes the aftermarket wheels came in.

The fifth wheel (spare) I bought from a guy nearby for $100. He has plenty of new take offs in perfect condition. I'm guessing you could get a whole like new set for $400 + shipping. This guy is in the wheel business and I could pm you his info if you want it. He is located outside of Pittsburgh Pa.

The brushed GMC centers were a little tougher to find. There are a few different centers that fit the wheels, but these look like they belong with the wheels. I was going to put bow ties on the centers, but they really don't stand out all that much.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, the GMC is moving down the road. It sold tonight. I've got my eyes on a low mileage two door 4x4 6.5 tahoe.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Been busy guys! Just picked up a fairly solid 92 rcsb k1500 with a 4" suspension lift and 33's.

On the way home from picking up a set of brand new takeoff 96 rally wheels. Also picked up a brand new set of 315/75/16's for the truck last night. Ordered a body lift from summit tonight!

New build thread soon!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Been busy guys! Just picked up a fairly solid 92 rcsb k1500 with a 4" suspension lift and 33's.

On the way home from picking up a set of brand new takeoff 96 rally wheels. Also picked up a brand new set of 315/75/16's for the truck last night. Ordered a body lift from summit tonight!

New build thread soon!
Hurry I wana see the truck!