1998 GMC K2500 ECLB Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Wow this brings back deja vu, my dad's truck that I grew up with was just like this but Red on tan. Personally I like the look of the N fab steps, but I don't know how they'd look with the body lift(Do they attach to the frame? if so I wouldn't add them). I don't mind my body lift, just make sure you clean your frame, and get filler panels. Plus it gives you a gap which for me is nice because its easy to work on certain things. Also, that thing is begging for some Tow's.

If I fab my own step bars, i'm going to mount them to the body mounts, not the frame. So they're further up.

The frame cleaning was something I was thinking about, I'll just paint the frame with POR15 then top coat it.

Speaking of red trucks. Here's a 95 K2500 ECLB 6.5 truck I bought last Feb.

You must be registered for see images

Then here's my old 98 K2500 ECLB 5.7 truck that started the "PolarBear" name and my love for ECLB trucks.

The Baron

I like drugs
Reaction score
That red truck is my dad's to a tee, unless it doesn't have the 454, and if it had tan on the underparts. And be careful with the POR15, make sure that any bare/unrusted metal is spray with etching primer. If there was one thing I could change about my truck I would make it LB. ECLB trucks are just the bee's knees.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
This is my old 2000 ECLB 2500 that I purchased after selling my white 98 K2500 ECLB.

Gave $2700 for it with a brand new lift kit and 35's on it from the original owner. He shelled the motor and I dropped a $450 replacement in.

And the 98 for old times sake...

Last edited:

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
This is my old 2000 ECLB 2500 that I purchased after selling my white 98 K2500 ECLB.

Gave $2700 for it with a brand new lift kit and 35's on it from the original owner. He shelled the motor and I dropped a $450 replacement in.

:drool:

Sent while pulling out a Ford

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey is it forbidden to love NBS? I thought they legalized that in most states?

.....I say that as I talk to my dad about borrowing his NBS while I fix my transmission...
Haha I'm jk