1998 Chev K3500 ECLB 454 Vortec / 4L80e Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'm excited to go pick this thing up tomorrow morning! Then I have all weekend to mess with it. From what I've read I guess 4L80s have a seal in the front that can leak and lose all the fluid, and that is probably the problem with this transmission. I have some ATF laying around that I'll dump in, hopefully it'll last throughout the weekend so I can at least drive it and have some fun before I get the nv4500 installed!

Will keep everyone posted on tomorrow's progress. I'll probably get a new fender on it this weekend and at least get the drivers door half ass working until I find another clean white 95+ door.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm excited to go pick this thing up tomorrow morning! Then I have all weekend to mess with it. From what I've read I guess 4L80s have a seal in the front that can leak and lose all the fluid, and that is probably the problem with this transmission. I have some ATF laying around that I'll dump in, hopefully it'll last throughout the weekend so I can at least drive it and have some fun before I get the nv4500 installed!

Will keep everyone posted on tomorrow's progress. I'll probably get a new fender on it this weekend and at least get the drivers door half ass working until I find another clean white 95+ door.
It doesn't have to be a 95+ door. The guts swap over.

gstubbz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The trailer was barely too small. Damnit. The guy said he's getting it to me tomorrow or Monday. But he was nice enough to cover it in the rain since the back window is broken!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's abt 9 so the sun's been up for few hours. Where is this thing?

The trailer was barely too small. Damnit. The guy said he's getting it to me tomorrow or Monday. But he was nice enough to cover it in the rain since the back window is broken!

If only you were closer I'd lend you my trailer just so you can start working on it. Is it still raining over there?

And thanks @skylark that's what I thought but then had brain fart an couldn't think.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well it's abt 9 so the sun's been up for few hours. Where is this thing?

If only you were closer I'd lend you my trailer just so you can start working on it. Is it still raining over there?

And thanks @skylark that's what I thought but then had brain fart an couldn't think.

It's in Chester. Right next to the Feather River literally like 40 feet away from the river!

I don't know what to do next. May get the crappy camaro off of my trailer and get it. No idea lol.

No rain today! Last night was bad and windy. It's been pretty hot all day though!!

gstubbz

Reaction score
any updates

I talked to the guy I bought it from on Monday night, he said he is working on getting it to Doyle. He also said he is talking to a different guy to haul it for me. If he doesn't get it out there by Saturday I'm going to get it myself on Sunday with my trailer. I really don't want to murder my transmission in the Dodge hauling it, but I'm eager to go get it so I can start working on it.

I did haul this heavy ass c3500 in the past, from Lake Almanor (which is also right next to Chester), and the next day my tone ring broke and cracked four pistons in the Dodge engine back in May. I really really don't want another episode of that!

Last edited: