1998 Chev K3500 ECLB 454 Vortec / 4L80e Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Patience young one.....patience. Its not worth tearing up your nice daily.....Patience was the hardest trait to learn when I was younger.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Got an update!

Talked to him this evening and his father passed away last week so he's been dealing with that and I get it. My mood of rushing to pick this thing up slowed down since I had things that needed to be done to my 93 so I wasn't itching for the dually.

With that said, he told me that he is having AAA tow it out there on Friday so hopefully that happens!! And no hurting my Dodge because that would suck to go through another engine!!

And I'm tempted to flatbed the truck. I can pick this bed up if I do some work on the guy's property, so it's tempting. If I end up with it I will be modifying the headache rack for an angle at the lowest point of the expanded metal to the top rail and installing a gooseneck, as well as painting it black!

I will be getting my nv4500 next week by the sound of it, it's in Roseburg, OR so he has to go get it and he is bring down a bunch of other stuff. Then maybe I can start on this!

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So... I found out why this truck hasn't been delivered yet...

I went to look at it today, and I happened to run into the guy who actually owns this truck. I talked to him and said that Mr. Middleman who I've been buying stuff through has not delivered the five cords of wood yet, and I won't see the truck until that happens. I called Mr. Middleman and bitched at him about it, so he called and talked to the owner, called me back and said it's all good and I'll have it on Monday. Called the owner back to verify, he said that middleman called him back and they worked it out.

However, if that for whatever reason doesn't happen I am going to give the owner $600 since that's what he wants and get it myself. I am so sick of waiting for ****, I should have received this truck weeks ago and it's felt like I've been thrown around the table. I'll admit to being pretty pissed off after talking to the owner.

-----

With that said, here is what I found out about this truck. It's a true 98, has posi, and 4.10s. The owner told me it has a brand new computer in it, and the truck would just not move one day. No grinding or anything in the transmission.

I looked at it some more, and it doesn't even need a door just a fender and hood. Which I have a white fender and I'll figure out a hood. Took some more pics, the bed is ruined so I am really considering the flatbed. Interior needs to be cleaned up as well but that isn't a big deal to me. I'll make it nice again!