1996 Suburban Cummins Swap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No videos yet, I have been meaning to but haven't yet.

It took 3-4 months for the bulk of the work and spent the next year changing small things here and there that weren't quite right or needed adjustment. That was just working one day on the weekends and one evening after work with 2 guys working on it and the final month was just wiring by me.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
awesome! What kinda mpg are you getting with it? What gear ratio do you have in the axles?

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It still has the 4.10 gear ratio which is a little steep, I plan on putting 3.73's in it someday.

Fuel mileage is about 18 unloaded and 12-13 towing 8-10k. I am happy with those results.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
It still has the 4.10 gear ratio which is a little steep, I plan on putting 3.73's in it someday.

Fuel mileage is about 18 unloaded and 12-13 towing 8-10k. I am happy with those results.

I figured it would have 4.10s. Some 3.73s would do it some good. :D

Crummins

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other than the engine itself, roughly what do you think you have in the conversion?

With the engine I think I am about $7000 but I sold a lot of of the old stuff from the truck and from the Cummins so it figured about $4000-5000.

Between the flexplate, the trans adapter and the controller, $2000 of that was just to keep the 4L80E (ouch) but I didn't want to adapt a Dodge trans in it to the transfer case and then figure out the speed sensors, etc.