1994 C2500 ...<insert something clever here>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, thats on a 4x4, 2wd is way different, you have to pop the cap off the wheel bearing and take that big nut off pull the rotor/hub assembly off since it is 1 solid piece on the 2wd then do it off the truck, unless somebody knows an easier way

...mother... should have known it seemed way to easy for me haha

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not to bad, pack the wheel bearing while you got it apart tho

What does pack the wheel bearing mean? The haynes manual has a blow up diagram of the assembly so that helps, at least I know what it looks like. It doesnt say how to take the rotor off the hub assembly though. I'm guessing if I can't figure it out or it requires some special tool, it'll be cheaper to take the shop once it's pulled off then to have them lift the car up and do that part themselves so I'll probably give this a shot anyway.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
What does pack the wheel bearing mean? The haynes manual has a blow up diagram of the assembly so that helps, at least I know what it looks like. It doesnt say how to take the rotor off the hub assembly though. I'm guessing if I can't figure it out or it requires some special tool, it'll be cheaper to take the shop once it's pulled off then to have them lift the car up and do that part themselves so I'll probably give this a shot anyway.

Pack the bearing with wheel bearing grease, a little preventative maintainance, basically my previous post was the steps for you to follow, full detailed steps are as follows, take off wheel, take off caliper, pop the cap off the center, take out the pin then take off the nut, pull off the rotor, pop out lug, replace lug, pack wheel bearing, replace rotor, put nut back on, slide pin back in, pop cap back on, replace caliper, and put your wheel back on

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Pack the bearing with wheel bearing grease, a little preventative maintainance, basically my previous post was the steps for you to follow, full detailed steps are as follows, take off wheel, take off caliper, pop the cap off the center, take out the pin then take off the nut, pull off the rotor, pop out lug, replace lug, pack wheel bearing, replace rotor, put nut back on, slide pin back in, pop cap back on, replace caliper, and put your wheel back on

correct.

you have to set the wheel bearing though, tighten the nut all the way down, then loosen it off, then just tighten it until the nut is just starting to get tight and there is no drag on the rotor, if you just tighten it all the way down, you will destroy the bearing and most likely the rotor.

ridiqls

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the link! Makes it more clear.

So I definitely need wheel spacers or something cause I can't turn all the way without the tire rubbing hard. When parking or turning right it rubs. I cant afford new wheels though or at least unless my current ones sell. I posted it online for around $425.. what do you think is a reasonable price to sell my current ones?

I might just get the wheel spacers for $150 for all 4 wheels but im not 100% sure if it will give enough clearance to stop the rubbing.