1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Lookin good! Yeah for some reason I thought those headlights looked more yellow than they are. Looks damn decent.

THERE HAS GOT TO BE an axle lying around somewhere with 3:73's in it that are useful for you, there has to be has to be has to be has to be

You probably want to stick to the 5 bolt hubs to reuse your wheels but I wonder what stepping up to 6 bolt hubs and an axle would cost? Good call on swapping the master cylinder for a GMT800, I got one on my bench for my project as well.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lookin good! Yeah for some reason I thought those headlights looked more yellow than they are. Looks damn decent.

THERE HAS GOT TO BE an axle lying around somewhere with 3:73's in it that are useful for you, there has to be has to be has to be has to be

You probably want to stick to the 5 bolt hubs to reuse your wheels but I wonder what stepping up to 6 bolt hubs and an axle would cost? Good call on swapping the master cylinder for a GMT800, I got one on my bench for my project as well.
What is the benefit of using a GMT800 master cylinder ? And is it an easy swap or another one of those "all ya' gotta' do" projects ? I think I read somewhere the brake lines are a different thread or something.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
What is the benefit of using a GMT800 master cylinder ? And is it an easy swap or another one of those "all ya' gotta' do" projects ? I think I read somewhere the brake lines are a different thread or something.
Biggest benefit I think is having a twist cap. Others say it helps brake pedal feel. Obviously if you swap, you would need to bleed the brakes, and I believe you need an adapter for one line.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Performance Friction pads ordered from Amazon.

And like that a guy at work sold me a Holley Street Dominator 300-38 dual plane intake manifold and a Rochester Quadrajet carb for $50. Might not use the carb but the intake is definitely going to be in the mix.

dave_erald

Reaction score
Swapping to a Gmt800 master cylinder improves brake pedal feel and reduces pedal effort because of the cylinder sizing, can exert more pressure on the brakes themselves (though I should read up on it again to be sure) and yes the one port has a different thread size so you will need an adapter

dave_erald

Reaction score
Oh, and maybe next a XJ steering upgrade? After the wallet is refilled of course (good advice i should probably follow myself)