1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Figured I would start a thread on my recent purchase of a 1991 RCLB. It has a 350TBI under the hood with 188k on her. Just swapped the factory bench for a 454SS bench out of a friends truck. Swapped wheels from what you see in the pics to black 16" Soft 8's. No pics of those yet...sorry.

Someone already cut the pancake cat off and ran 3" pipes all the way out back to some kind of Flowmaster knockoff, or it could really be a Flowmaster who knows? It has a hole in it so I am going to replace it anyways. Thinking Jegs Deep Tone.

Running boards are gone, so are the 90's mudflaps. I ordered a black grille for the front. Should be here next week to replace the cracked one on it now.

Got some tune up bits on order from Jegs. It runs great but I always change out the consumables after buying a vehicle. It's peace of mind.

Plans are just a good lowering, a few engine hop-up parts, fixing up some of the rust, tool box, ditching the nasty rear bumper for a roll pan and then just enjoying it.

This is my first Chevy, coming from a Nissan background. I own 3 Nissan Hardbody trucks. One is setup for autocrossing with the SCCA in Street Prepared class. The second is fully caged and was used as a Rallycross truck before it rolled and was damaged. It's a rebuild project and will be driven again someday. The third is just a parts truck so nothing special. I also own a 1948 Ford 8N tractor that needs a lot of work. A project for my old man retirement days.

I will update this thread as interesting things happen. Thanks for looking.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Rust paint coated the drivers floor. No holes but had surface rust. I might need a floor in the future but at least not now. LOL! And I lied...I do have a pic of this thing wearing its new 16" Soft 8's. I just don't have all of them mounted as of that pic.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Going to look pretty cool with the new wheels. Liking your plans for it.

The Nissans look pretty cool too. I think I'm just going to have to take a ride down the 90 this Summer and check them out.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
So it's back together and driving again. So comfortable! I don't think I have ever sat in anything so comfortable before and I am not usually one for bench seats. I do plan to go with some Sierra GT buckets with a console but for now this old man is going to enjoy what he has. ****** pic and I don't have all my black rims on still but here it is in all its glory.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
In all seriousness now, got the new seats in.

Traded JustinS for his set of 60/40 seats with head rests. Got the carpet back in and it's able to drive around again. The seat is the most comfortable I have ever sat in.

Tune up parts arrived and ready for install.

Still trying to find two rear tires to complete the set of black rims.

Also have a black grille I ordered from Ebay but it came in cracked. The company said they are shipping me another one. Hopefully it arrives in one piece.

Ordering a Jegs Deep Tone 3" I/O Offset muffler this week. The muffler on it sounds good but has a hole forming in it. Going to dump the exhaust out the side.

Would like to score a black tool box eventually but for now I am good.

Enjoy the pics.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I am done buying body parts from Ebay. I ordered a black grille for this truck and I thought it was a good enough deal to take a chance. $68 shipped. First grille arrived cracked on one corner. Called the company and got great customer service, they sent out a replacement grille right away. They told me to keep the first grille too!

Second grille arrives this morning and it's broken in the exact same way just on the opposite side (though not as bad, repairable) so I call once again. I told them I was done with ordering grilles. They refunded me and told me to keep the second grille as well. Great customer service, terrible product. It will do for now until something better comes along.

So I went aheadpatched up the second grille with super glue and Gorilla tape. I think it will hold. Can still see some cracking if you look close but it should blend in since the truck is long way from perfect.

Still trying to track down some decent rear tires that won't drain the bank.

Grabbed a Fleetguard oil filter from work this week. LOF coming soon.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Did they not have enough packing in the box to keep it from breaking when shipped? Still, nice of them at customer service regardless, you don't see that too often