1991 C1500 TURBO 5.3/4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome build so far. I want to know how that tranny cooler works under the bed like that.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome build so far. I want to know how that tranny cooler works under the bed like that.

Thanks. I dont like any of the new trucks nor their price. So i figured id set this one up how i want it. Really Simple and fun.

I do too. I found a couple 8" fans i can try if i need to. But for cruising and Daily Driving i dont see it being an issue right now as the converter isnt loose. If it gets a little warm ill tilt it or make a scoop for it and see how that works. Then try Fans.

I found a 180* ON / 165* OFF ThermoSwitch i plan on putting on the outlet hose going from the trans to the cooler and have it wired to a light on the dash just so i can have an alert without having to watch the gauges on tablet the whole time. If it creeps up around 180-190 ill use that same switch to turn the fans on.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im trying to figure out my gear shifter also. Come up with this last night and cut it out of some Alum scraps. Then couldnt get the HF Tig Welder to work. So cutting it out of stainless today.
Ill have to figure out a reverse lock out and such.

Note: Handle is just for mockup. Ill make one out of 3/8" or 1/2" Alum and break the edges of the finger grooves.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interior wiring is underway....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!
I hope to fire it up this week when the turbo drain fittings come in.
Still have quite a bit of wiring to do also.
Its bad enough that i made a spread sheet to figure out what is going to power what, and in what order.
Mounted a 150 amp relay and have a hidden switch to kill power to the whole truck.
That relay is going to feed power to my main fuse block which will power up all the other switches..
Hopefully it turns out pretty slick.

A buddy of mine told me he wanted to be there when i fire it up. that night i had a dream we tried to fire it up but all the fuel fittings were loose and made a huge mess.. SO that will be the first thing i double check!

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered tires and wheels. so maybe i can burn these 12 year old Toyos off for is new maiden voyage.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Almost through with hangers. Just Gotta make a braces for the tail pipe bracket.
Gotta rotate the mufflers so that first hanger isn't crooked.
Got all the wires in loom and secured to the frame. Tightened all the fuel line fittings and double checked them.

Just realized I don't have a reservoir for the water/air intercooler... so I'll have to make that and plumb it all before I drive it too much. Doh.

Tires and wheels should be here Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Taking guesses on weight when its done!!!!
I have no clue what it will even be close to. My 2000 Silverado Extended Cab Short bed 2wd was 4700# with the 4L80E and turbo.