1991 C1500 TURBO 5.3/4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Battery is mounted and alot of wiring has been done.

I even fired it up tonight... with 3 vacuum leaks.. haha. Woops.
Got it up to temp and made sure the fan come on with the PCM commanding it to.
It worked.
I shut it off and cleaned up my mess.

I can tell now that I'll need a power steering cooler. Burnt my arm on one of the hoses with only 10 min of idling..

You must be registered for see images attach

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ran the 5.3 again tonight. It had a miss and I'm thinking it's dirty injectors.
Put a set of fresh TR6 plugs in it.
Going to take the 75#s out and put some 90# in and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put the 90# injectors in tonight and it fired up and ran really good. Gotta fix one exhaust leak and then wrap everything to keep the heat in.
Made it this far with the center console.
Got the radio with Aux input and 2 USB charger port, 3 switchs, the plate at the top right is where I plan to make a mount for my tablet for everyday driving and another one for laptop for tuning and such.

Cup holder is from a 99-02 silverado/tahoe. Figured I needed somewhere for Junk to clutter...

The slot on the left is going to be the shifter. I missed my mark by a little bit. But thats a easy fix.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got to thinking...
I dont have anywhere to put anything in this truck.

How about some molle pouches between seats and console so they are out of view?

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got to thinking...
I dont have anywhere to put anything in this truck.

How about some molle pouches between seats and console so they are out of view?

I like the idea, looks like there's enough room for some.

I'm enjoying watching this thread btw.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks.
I found a seat back molle panel i can cutup and attach to the sides. Ill have to get that on order.

Also have to put a new Idler arm on before going to get the front end aligned.

Then its off to the body shop to fix some stuff and time to daily it.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idled the truck the other night at 1500 for bout 20 min and the trans temp got up to 140 with no air flow on the cooler under the bed. So I ordered 2 7" fans I'll mount next week just to be safe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next up...
I used a 4.3 radiator so its not all that wide. (4.3 truck radiator support must be different than the V8s?) It has a very narrow opening for the radiator, ill have to get the cutoff wheel out to fix that soon.

And i have enough room on the driver side to run a 1992-2000 Honda Civic radiator that is 14.5" x 16.5" x 1.75", ill try and use this for a Heat Exchanger for the intercooler.
But before i dive in that far, im looking for a 1.25 to 0.75" reducer of some type since the radiator inlet/outlet is 1.25" and my intercooler hoses are 3/4".

My other option is to get 1" hose for everything if i can find a reducer for that.

I have a small intercooler right now that will be enough to get me thru this year. But next year i do plan on upgrading to a "slightly" larger intercooler.

All my intercooler parts now use 3/4" NPT so no big deal to get 3/4" NPT to 1" Hose barbs.

This is roughly the size of the one i have now. Except different brand.
I put over 200k miles on it in my other truck. I know its enough to get the truck into the low 11s but its on the limit of what it can handle
http://www.frozenboost.com/air_water-ic/150-psi-water-to-air-intercooler-p-946.html

Future upgrade :D
http://www.frozenboost.com/air_wate....html?osCsid=a348ed50171dfa84fedae09cf64cda8b

Been searching for awhile and was about to give up and noticed this in the bottom of one of my search pages.

https://www.usabluebook.com/p-266325-pvc-hose-barb-reducer-coupling-1-14-x-34-5pk.aspx

Last edited:

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot i ordered a Derale 13212 power steering cooler. Ill be putting that on when it gets here also.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There were 2 different size radiators available - 28" or 34". The 34" will drop in place of the 28" you just need the 34" mounting brackets.

I'm loving the time and effort you've put into this. Keep us posted!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk