1990 K2500 Better Days Ahead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since I got the all metal transmission lines on and have no problems, the side moldings are gonna wait till this spring/summer. The rear canopy leaks where it sets on the bed rails and that will be addressed at the same time. That leaves mechanical that I want to do and that means, because of cold start oil smoke, gonna do valve stem seals as well as intake manifold gaskets. I know the intake leaks at the back. Been a while since I have done a set of those on a 5.7 engine. It will not be a problem but want to know if there is a newer go to seal recommendation at the front and rear? Just use a tube of the correct sealer/recommended sealer, or use the pre-formed seals that come in the gasket sets. I prefer to use Fel Pro but is there a new "better mousetrap" out there. Cost is not a concern. Thanks ahead of time for any recommendations.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got the call today that the newly covered visors, for the headliner, are done and am gonna pick up tomorrow. Will take pics and post tomorrow.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of us need to make a video on it. Doesn't sound like it's too difficult,if those idiots could figure it out.
Video isn't as easy as it looks. Getting comfortable in front of the camera is hard. You have to speak clearly and deliberately without saying "umm" a hundred times. If you're doing an instructional video you have to focus on the work you're doing while also concentrating on what you're saying so you don't screw up your terminology. Of all the video I've shot, about 2/3 stays unpublished because it's not usable. Then you have to edit it. That's the hard part for me. It's soooo tedious.

The video movievet's referencing may have a lot of "Yo this and Yo that" in it, and I'll acknowledge that it's distracting, but good video doesn't come easy.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Video isn't as easy as it looks. Getting comfortable in front of the camera is hard. You have to speak clearly and deliberately without saying "umm" a hundred times. If you're doing an instructional video you have to focus on the work you're doing while also concentrating on what you're saying so you don't screw up your terminology. Of all the video I've shot, about 2/3 stays unpublished because it's not usable. Then you have to edit it. That's the hard part for me. It's soooo tedious.

The video movievet's referencing may have a lot of "Yo this and Yo that" in it, and I'll acknowledge that it's distracting, but good video doesn't come easy.
I agree about the video's. I have 4 videos on you tube about my girl's 2002 TrailBlazer referencing ignition switch replacement and correct switch gear set up and replacing spark plugs and ignition coil boots. I found that doing video's can be a PITA and it would slow me down. I was never going to get rich or famous from the videos, so I stopped doing them. I got great reviews but again, it slows the process. Not worth it to me.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I got the headliner visors back and installed. Please be aware that the foam backing will allow impressions but after sitting for a while, it smooths out:

You must be registered for see images attach