1990 GMC K1500 restoration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idlook2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you noticed a difference in steering slop? I got a lot of it

Still getting the truck put back together, so no opinion yet! I’ve read a lot of good things about Blue Top in other threads so I’m hoping this helps, my steering was VERY loose prior to starting this work.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still getting the truck put back together, so no opinion yet! I’ve read a lot of good things about Blue Top in other threads so I’m hoping this helps, my steering was VERY loose prior to starting this work.
Nice. I didnt notice any slop in mine, only when going 60+ on the interstate with small shoulders I notice it. LOL.

You have a link to that part?

idlook2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the day off and I was able to get some work done on the truck! Freshly painted valve covers are back on and a freshly rebuilt power steering pump is installed. I sent my original pump out to powersteering.com for the rebuild.

You must be registered for see images attach

idlook2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was installing the valve covers yesterday, I noticed the ground strap that runs from the engine to the firewall was holding on by just a thread. Installed a new ground strap tonight. It’s a real pain to get at the bolt on the back of the motor!

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel slop can be a number of things, like low air pressure in one tire, wide tires, invisible road ruts ( you have to drive a semi to appreciate this ), and etc.

I replaced my front end with Raybestos parts (Moog is a little over priced if you ask me), and kept my original steering box. Tracks like a charm.

idlook2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheel slop can be a number of things, like low air pressure in one tire, wide tires, invisible road ruts ( you have to drive a semi to appreciate this ), and etc.

I replaced my front end with Raybestos parts (Moog is a little over priced if you ask me), and kept my original steering box. Tracks like a charm.

I agree, steering wheel slop can be caused by lots of things. I am planning on doing the front end parts as well, hoping to have nice tight steering when everything is done!