1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thanks!

Just went bought my black paint today for the door, bumper grille and tonneau cover! I also attempted to paint my amber signal lights like Dev, but turns out my [paint gun is ****, i couldnt get it to spray?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
its a finiahline by devilbiss. i cleaned it and put it away. But in the manuel, it says to tighten the packing nut till the needles starts to bind, then back it off till it moves freely, not to sure if that has anything to do with it, but i tried ajusting that, but couldnt figure that out. Also i played with the air pressure, says to have it at 25 PSI with the handle pulled, so i did that very first. I then pick the fan patern i wanted and started to spray. all it did was spotter i guess you can call it, so i adjust the fluid needle control nut... still no luck. im pissed. it was veautiful out today, was really hoping to spray them!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well, wanted to update you guys with my build ... the truck should be doing a complete 180 by next summer. I had many thoughts on what will happen as far as the
motor goes and what i want to do with the rear suspension. Still have lots of un decided ideers but this is the plan so far:

I am completely rebuilding my engine:
Going to a 383 strocker motor (i know, i should go with a new LS motor, but i really want to build one of these....)
Its going to be set with a new fuel injection system should be pulling roughly 400 HP and 400 fp of torque
I then i will run a new bigger rad for better air flow,

I also finialy located a t56 Transmission for a fairly good price, it has been rebuilt. Just gotta close up the deal and go pick it up!

That leads me to the rear suspension, i have found some widen stock ss wheels, they are 9.25 wide. Im probably going to run a 295/50 BFG Radial, since its the biggest they offer, but on this rim it should look good and not give it a bubble look to bad.... Once i figure out how far back my wheels will go, wether they hit the leaf spring or not, ill have to set a plan of attack. wether i delete the leaf springs and do the 4 link setup, which id love, but not sure if i can fit it in my budget. Ill see if i can move the leafs in alittle, unless you guys have opinions?

Next, leads to the box... one of my biggest project that ive personally been dying to build. A red cherry wood bed floor like the older trucks had. just have red stained cherry wood. with glass black stainless steel rails, with the gas cap flush mounted to the bed. Also, ordered LEDS from DEV that will light up under the rails!

Then my interior, complete new setup... I started with base model, no power, NO WHERE! im converting all my HVAC system to power like most of your trucks out there. with a stock wiring harness. I ran my power window and locks(stated previously) Got rid of the bench seat and put in buckets. Im changing the stock moonie gauges for a 94 gauge with a tach, which is all lite up red(again from DEV) Along with having the dash out, i am smoothing it out and painting it Glass black, going to match it with paing the bottom of the door panels and the bottom of the center console as well.

Along with all these mods, cant forget, Meangreen has mad me a few different harness to make me 4hi mod, and will also run HIDs. He's also making me a stock Fog light harness....

Lots more im forgetting... but thats the scoop! hopefully picture will be coming this weekend!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
damn you gonna be busy...fyi you will not hit the leaf springs I run a 295/50 even with the wider wheel you will be ok!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thanks guys! And im glad to hear i shouldnt hit the springs.. these wheels should look pretty sweet on this truck!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, motor is out. it got dark as soon as i pulled it out... now i have to wait till my next free time to strip and bring it to the machine shop!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Engine is out and striped.

Engine out:

Took a picture of the cylinders before they got bored over for the 383

striped: