1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I cut the rain gutters on my lower control arms with a big ass grinder. Turn the wheels all the way, one way or the other, and mark where the rim is hitting the arm. Then grind the gutters off 2-2.5" farther in from the mark. I did both the front side & the rear of the control arm. The reason for the additional 2-2.5" being ground off is to compensate for suspension movement, up & down.
When I had my wheels balanced, I had the guy use the wheel weights that stick-on to the inner part of the wheel, so that the control arms wouldn't knock off the clip-on style weights. This also eliminates the weights on the outside of the rim, which makes them look much cleaner.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Yes Definately use stick in weights, I can't tell you how many times I knocked te inside weights off my wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motaa

Reaction score
truck is coming along great!!! nice work man.. i like the drop.. i cant wait to drop my 454ss

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Coming right along keep up the work. In the one pic you took after you lowered it looks like either you need some new door pins or body mount something looks funky but maybe its the angle. Also the one without the bed you can tell the bt spindles are def pushing those front wheels out some. Cant wait to see some more progress!!

Last edited:

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Lookin good, like everyone else said you gotta trim those rain gutters back I think about 2". I did mine and never had any problems with em and I used a cut off wheel to trim em.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im not to sure, the door pins have been changed a few times cause i changed the driver door twice, so id go ahead and change the pins while im there. Ive been tryin to have everything ligned up, i have to line up the grill with the fenders and bumper. I think the front of the frame might be alittle bent since i hit that post... But thanks guys! Going to be cutting a coil to drop it another inch hopefully this weekend!