1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright, Another one for the 4/6!

Alittle about the truck,
So i got a 1990 Chevrolet c1500 Sport edition RCSB. Its got a stock 350 motor. (other then true duals). I bought last year when i turn 16. I started it off with a full paint job done by myself. I started with new rocker panels, new front fenders, cowl hood, front bumper and valance. The box was already changed, since it was my uncles old truck, i know everything about its past. I gave it a 2 inch drop shackles for the rear.

on my birthday in january of '11 the rear end blew. so i figured out what would be the best rear end for me. so i then bought a trutrac limited slip rear end, went with 3.08 to 3.42 gears, Best thing ive done!

in the summer, i got over the manual windows and locks very quick, since A/C doesnt work... So this is where i found this site, looking for a STOCK conversion explination. after weeks and weeks of googling it, finally i found it a quickly became a member to this AWESOME site!

after getting ticketed for 42 over the speedlimite, and a ticket for having a loud exhaust cause the mufflers roughted out, i ditched the crapy cherry bomb my uncle put on(was a cheap fix he did that i never let him down for lol) i bought two 2.5 magnaflows mufflers and exhaust catback exhaust with 3 inche stainless tips.

that brings me to now, The truck has been parked all winter, and ive been itching to go get my hand on her and start building it!

over the winter ive been gathering up some parts, not to much but enough i guess.

The list start with:

New inner fenders, new front bumper with license plate intergradted in it. Bucket seats, silverado door panels middle console. Also got LED tails (coming in the mail soon) in the process of getting blacked out corners from DEV. i finally found a hard top fiberglass tonneau cover, since i got a project in mind that i havent seen on this site yet... pretty big plan, but i think will look very sweet... will have to stick around to see what it is ..

Tomorrow im going to order my 4/6 drop, i got everything figured out on what parts i want. I just need opinions on shocks, i want the best ride out of a lowered truck (i knwo it wont be that smooth but im sure there is better then others...)

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Ohhh! Also, i want to post pictures, but it wont let me no more. How come? it says something about the sizing, ive posted up before, now i cant?

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
upload your pics to a photo hosting site, such as photobucket, imageshack... they'll size the pics to a forum acceptable size. i'll get your lights out tomorrow

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
I just installed belltech street performance shocks on my 5/8 drop. Havent driven my truck yet cuz it snowed again here but ive heard great things about them being not too stiff but also not too soft. I had doesch techs on my 4/6 and they were a very stiff shock

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, and yes I have checked out the shock thread, and I seen someone mensioning something about impala shocks in the back and I can't remember the ones up front, I think I may try those.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 3/4 drop on my 2dr Hoe and just put in some Belltech Street Performance shocks and so far I'm liking them. Not to stiff and not to soft.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I've got a 3/4 drop on my 2dr Hoe and just put in some Belltech Street Performance shocks and so far I'm liking them. Not to stiff and not to soft.

Yeah, I avctually ordered everything yesterday, and that's the same shocks I got on order. Everything should be in today.. I paid 1000$ cash, does that sound reasonable?

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Yeah, I avctually ordered everything yesterday, and that's the same shocks I got on order. Everything should be in today.. I paid 1000$ cash, does that sound reasonable?

I hope it comes with a handy j too for that much.

As for shocks my favorite are the summit racing shocks. I had those on mine when it was static dropped and it rode great besides my notch being to small. I had the belltech shocks on my old 2000 blazer 3.5/4 drop and found them to be too soft.