1989 K1500 ECLB 4x4 Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see the ECLB represented so well here!
ArticFox are trucks seem damn near identical, mine was originally the drk. blue and silver two tone, before the P.O. sprayed it black. Got the same visor and everything!
I'll be putting the 6" RCX on here in a few weeks, can't wait to see the new stance!

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about painting mine black but I figured mine would stand out more with the original colors and I like the blue and silver combo.... plus too many people around here have lifted black gmt 400's.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im prob gonna wind up painting Big Rehab in the same paint scheme but in black and white. May wind up going the same blue as my Diesel and white though...havent decided 100% on that just yet.

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm undecided on color, black is a pain to keep clean if it's in decent shape, but a semi-gloss / satin finish would be different - done right..

Here is white I'm debating on for paint colors:
- Black / silver two tone (black on top / bottom or reversed?)
- Black
- Charcoal Metallic
- White
- White / Silver two tone
- Semi-Gloss / Satin Black
- Candy Apple Red / Black Two tone

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Black and silver stripe. Love the two tone stripes on the 400's

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, to make the decision harder I saw a two tone blue w/ silver center stripe today - it looked really nice.

I cleaned my RPO tag off enough to decipher a few interesting options on this truck;
GU6 - 3.42 Rear gear
F51 - HD f/r shocks
K60 - 100amp alternator

theres one I cannot read its G*1 its scratched at the middle digit I looked through the RPO codes and it's one of the following;

G51 - HD rear spring
GD1, GB1 - Fleet Incentive
GH1 - 3.55 rear axle - i don't think it's this with GU6 (3.42) listed as well
GL1 - 7,900# rear axle rating
GN1 - Stabalizer shaft

Any ideas?
with a ECLB (155.5"WB) does it automatically have the HD cooling pkg? what size would be OEM rear drums?