1989 K1500 ECLB 4x4 Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thZ71 - dang i'm jealous of that new truck, make it a long bed in navy blue on 37s and Classic IIs and I'd be in heaven.

Really tearing into mine, becoming a cheap-resto of sorts.
The wiring is absolutely terrifying in this thing. I have an original GM '89 C/K wiring diagram so armed with that, a '93 C1500 350/700R4 engine harness, a pile of new wiring, and thanks to dad all the special crimps, solder, terminals I've been completely re-wiring the truck.

Got 90% of the firewall forward re-done, re-loomed, and extended to hide it and clean up the engine bay, picked up a perfect cover for the fusible links on the firewall ( found by accident in the scrap yard)
Engine bay stripped, painted w/ por-15, and top coated w/ semi-gloss non-slip paint to give it a different look.

Things getting worked on now;
- fixing wiring behind dash, every damn courtesy light has been cut off at the plug! ( all cause of a missing ground..)
- Stripping and painting frame
- cab corners, replace fenders, fix dents on bedsides
- rebuild front and rear suspension ( going back to the RCX, saving the straight axle parts for a 3/4 ton)
- Painting and detailing the 355

Things to come;
- install 355
- install built and modified 700R4 & resealed & painted t-case
- electric fan install
- RCX 6" and 37" Duratracs on re-finished wheels
- PAINT!
- recover and install 91 suburban high back buckets and center console, overhead console
- Tow mirrors

PICS!!
You must be registered for see images attach
- This is the F.I. wire at the fuse block - supposed to be a 10amp, was a 25, with the wiring stripped and wrapped around a 6ga power wire? with two strands going into the block, guess that explains the one burnt and melted injector terminal....
Found the original wire coating melted all through the dash..... guess they figured a 25amp fuse and 600Volt rated wire would "fix" the problem...
probably what led to the new ECU installed in the dash...

- Had to set 'em in there just to see.... hedman L.T. stripped and coated w/ satin 2500* paint

- Been about 5-6 years since i've done any meaningful body work, not to bad of a try...

- tearing apart the front end, sanding and painting as I go... Yeah the dust shields are toast...

- Por-15 and textured paint, combined with a rust-pocked frame gives and interesting texture. Coating is strong as steel tho..

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks man i appreciate it I hope someday to tear into it like you are on yours keep up the good work man!

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with a heavy heart I'm here to report the truck is for sale.
Medical bills and scum bag lawyers suing me means It's firesale time here, then It's off to Alberta for good.

the '89 is all apart but still for sale, I don't have the time to part it out, but will make a good deal on the truck or all the parts as a package. It's all there to make it 100% needs a pass. fender, and door to be ready for paint.
here's what I've got parts wise if anyone is interested.

- 6" RCX kit w/ stabalizer kit
- 4 AR custom painted wheels, w/ 285/65/r16E Duratracs
- New F44 Calipers, pads, rotors - not installed
- New balljoints, tie rods, pitman, idler arm - not installed, still in boxes
- Fresh rebuilt TBI unit
- Fresh rebuilt / ported 193 casting heads
- Din-Radio kit for 88-93 trucks
- 94-99 GMC front grill shell, headlights, marker lights
- good glove box door for 88-93 trucks
- B&M trans kit for 700-R4
- Fel-Pro gaskets for 350 (unopened)
- TBI intake manifold
- Distrubutor
- MSD coil
- Taylor 8mm Superconductor plug wires
- Hooker 2.5" header back dual exhaust w/ mufflers
- Hedman LT header, coated w/ 2500* ceramic
- New ETSC unit
- New ECU for a 89 4x4 eclb 350 w/ 700R4
- burgandy interior for a 89 Ex. Cab

PM me, I'll be listing all this for sale in the Pittsburgh, Pa. Craigslist as well.

Thanks