1989 Chevy K2500 ECLB 350/SM465 "CayenneCheyenne"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya tahoe uses rust as well as mt shasta and up. Not all cali trucks are rust free.
Looking good, can't wait to see it done, some flat black for rims and bumpers mayb

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Ya tahoe uses rust as well as mt shasta and up. Not all cali trucks are rust free.
Looking good, can't wait to see it done, some flat black for rims and bumpers mayb

do you have any info on the front bumper? it looks good.

And here I am thinking everything is rust free lol. I think it'll look good once it's completed! I'll finish up the green at least tomorrow for my birthday.

From what I know about it is that it came off a 94 K2500 RCLB cheyenne truck with a 6.5/5spd that was used as a ranching truck in the central valley over here. The truck was actually stolen at one point and had some things removed from it and then it was recovered and sat in the owner's field. Then this other guy named Justin bought like 4 trucks in a lot and the 6.5 was one of them and he sold me the bumper with part trade for a 6.5 radiator because I really wanted it!

All of the brush guard stuff on the grille is a mix of 1/2 and 1/4" flat stock.The rest of the plating appears to be 3/8, and the bumper mounts are 1/2. It had to be some one off job, the welds are extremely clean and no form of identification is stamped into it. I like the fact it isn't like ranchhand bumpers where they stick out 20 feet in front of the core support, rather it's tucked up pretty close just like the bumper on my Dodge. As far as ground clearance is it's about identical to a stock bumper with the valence removed. The holes in the front were initially cut in the same exact location as a factory bumper as well and the stock air dam fit behind the bumper. Looking over the hood you can't see the brush guard in the middle, and you can slightly see it in front of you. It does vibrate when you drive it though. Not too noticeably but I'm guessing it's because the bumper mount is so low and there is no support to keep it in place at the top. The only thing I am concerned about is seeing if my multi-mount for my winch will fit without hitting the middle of the brush guard.

If you want next time I pull it off I can grab some more dimensions so you can build a clone!

img_1222-jpg.186723

Also, I need a new name for this thing since it's no longer red and CayenneCheyenne no longer fits the description. Anyone have a good one?

gstubbz

Reaction score
That sounds like a good one!

So I did some more research, and found a video on YouTube of a 2000 K3500 RCLB CUCV Type B (Troop/Cargo Hauler) and the video was 240p so terrible quality, but he did go over the property tag and it's listed as a K30903 which is the same number used with the M1008 trucks, so from what I can gather is that these used the same M1008 names, but labeled "CUCV II" as well. I kind of wish they had their own M10xx name, but I guess I can call it the M1008!

You must be registered for see images attach

Since these have a 9200GVWR (I'm guessing their 5/4 ton rating), I can easily do the same with my truck. 14b full float that I have in the axle pile and I have a massive leaf pack on my 94 parts truck.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
now that i see the bumper better i like it even more. dimensions would be great .
i'm constantly searching our scraps to build me one but it all seems just not right. i have a rear bumper on the truck that fell off a cement truck. cut the width and welded a few parts on it. it's heavy.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I've got some interesting info for yall. Did a bunch more of research and found out even more about CUCV II trucks. They have been available since August of 1993, however the US government had ordered very few, so that's why it seems like everything we see is from 96-00 although there were a few from 93-95.

1993 CUCV II trucks were also available with 6.2L Detroits, but only for 1993.

Ever see a convertible truck with an anti-aircraft gun in the bed?

How about a Suburban?

Or a CUCV II towing a LSSV?

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I've never seen a CUCV II in person, was it all the similar variations of the CUCV M1008/1009? CCLB/ECLB/Tahoes, etc. etc.

I would kill for an LSSV though, they look so badass with those beadlock rims,

gstubbz

Reaction score
I'll take one of each

I'm right there with you! I'd totally own every single one of those. But I can't so I can only make clones lol

I've never seen a CUCV II in person, was it all the similar variations of the CUCV M1008/1009? CCLB/ECLB/Tahoes, etc. etc.

I would kill for an LSSV though, they look so badass with those beadlock rims,

I've never seen a CUCV II in person either. From what I read you'd have better luck finding a CCSB Dually before you could find a CUCVII. It appears like 800 or so 2dr tahoes were made if not less. I've only been able to come across 6 posts where people talk about owning them, and the same number about LSSV trucks.

I guess when you have X in front of the M10xx it's an experimental one off version that they used for naming things. I'm liking mine being called XM1008, not the standard M1008.

The 2 Door Tahoe and the RCLB trucks have the same model and M10xx tags for Cargo, Ambulance, whatever. Now the Suburban and Crew Cab trucks are labeled by their model number and don't have a M10xx number from what I could find officially. Apparently Suburbans weren't part of the CUCV I program but I saw some posts where people converted them with M1008/9 stuff and called the Suburban a M1007. They never offered a ECLB truck so it's up to me to make my own :D

Made the table for my GMT400 Wiki, but this is what I have so far for model numbers:

I agree. LSSV trucks are so badass! Get this. I **** you not there is a guy who lives in my town with a lifted one and has the license plate LSSV. I've seen it twice now. Once like a year and a half ago when I was still driving my 98, and I saw it within the last few months driving my Dodge. In addition to that, two CCSB duallys live in my town and I know of 3 or so K2500 CCSBs. My sister's boyfriend's mom has one and I said "When you go to sell it let me know first!" My town population is small too, it's less than 15k although half of that are inmates. And there is a massive army depot like 10 miles away from Doyle where my trucks are at.

LSSVs are popular in San Diego by the Navy and the Air Force for the little bit of research I did on them. Maybe there will be a better chance of getting a LSSV before a CUCVII lol

Last edited: